Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: is anyone able to decode a few .mkw (Michael K. Weise not MKV) files for me?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I found some 22 year old .mkw files. I'm so far unable to decode them. Tried older computers hoping some older software would be there. Tried running mkwACT in CrossOver and couldn't get it to install.

These are the pre-shn .mkw losssless audio format, not matroska mkv files. Thanks!!!!
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline one8ung

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Mics: DPA 4061 Power: CA-UBB Recorders: Tascam DR-2d (4x)

IEM Receivers: Sennheiser EK 2000 IEM-AW, Sennheiser EK 2000 IEM-BW, Sennheiser EK 2000 IEM-GW, Sennheiser EK IEM G4-B, Shure P10R G10, Shure P10R J8, Shure P10R L8, Wisycom MPR50-IEM

Mobile Interface: Røde AI-Micro (2x)

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
I found some 22 year old .mkw files. I'm so far unable to decode them. Tried older computers hoping some older software would be there. Tried running mkwACT in CrossOver and couldn't get it to install.

These are the pre-shn .mkw losssless audio format, not matroska mkv files. Thanks!!!!

I think TLH does it if you want to send a show to me to try. You just want WAV back?
vanark at gmail
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
https://tlh.easytree.org/

I should have mentioned I'm on Mac. I have been trying to run old tools with Wine and Crossover but can't get them to work. I didn't yet try TLH. I will right now.

Edit: I was able to get TLH to kind of run in CrossOver but it didn't seem to want to allow me to convert anything. Thankfully Vanark quickly converted the files for me.  :coolguy:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 08:56:32 AM by cleantone »
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
💪💪💪💪💪
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• Get out, see live music !
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
MACs run SHNTool natively

Macintosh OS is based on Linux (mostly)

https://macappstore.org/shntool/
"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

WAGE PEACE

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com