Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Zoom F3  (Read 69209 times)

Offline suini

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Zoom F3
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2022, 04:02:31 AM »
How is the headphone out? Strong enough to drive high impedance cans?

Offline vwmule

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2022, 09:17:31 PM »
Mine arrived today from B&H. Excited to try it out. Thinking of getting a really short pair of angled interconnects and just leave them in, to minimize the wear on deck. What other tricks have you picked up. Anyone got a shot of the gaffer fix for the hold?

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2022, 04:23:49 AM »
Got a Zoom F3 this week. I will do some battery-tests and post the results here. In the meantime,

- If you loose the Bluetooth connection while recording there is no way to get it back is it? (unless you stop the recording and reconnect.) Now in the testsituation i was recording and moving away further away from the unit. In the field this might not happen very soon.
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #258 on: October 11, 2022, 02:40:05 AM »
Seems like I am losing Bluetooth connection fast. Are more people having this problem?
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Online ol' dirty taper

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I've been riding with the ghost...
    • Ancient Earth
« Reply #259 on: October 11, 2022, 02:33:48 PM »
Seems like I am losing Bluetooth connection fast. Are more people having this problem?

short answer, yes.

I find that if I turn my phone screen off for too long, it'll drop, if I turn weird, it'll drop, if I sneeze, probably drop.
Mic : Schoeps MK21 | Microtech Gefell M300 | Beyer MC950 MC930 MC910 CK930 | Line Audio OM1 | DPA 4061 | Naiant X-X Omni | Beyer TG L34C | AT831s
Pre : Aerco MP-2 | Naiant Littlebox
Deck : SD MixPre 10 II | SD MixPre 6 II | Sony PCM-A10 | Zoom F3
Pho/Vid : Sony a58 | Panasonic ZS100 | DJI Osmo Pocket

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #260 on: October 11, 2022, 03:30:13 PM »

short answer, yes.

I find that if I turn my phone screen off for too long, it'll drop, if I turn weird, it'll drop, if I sneeze, probably drop.

Probably Corona... :shrug:

Offline mountainhop

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2022, 03:22:30 AM »
that's unfortunate. the F6 bluetooth is rock solid

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2022, 03:54:53 PM »
Recordingstests

Microphones - Recording Time - Batterybrand - Capacity
Nevaton MC59/S - 2h 46m - eneloop - 1900mAh   
Milab VM44-Link -  2h 04m - eneloop - 1900mAh

Nevaton MC59/S - 4h 04m - ansmann - 2850mAh
Milab VM44-Link - 4h 13m - ansmann - 2850mAh

Mic consumption current from Milab is 4mA and Nevaton is 5mA.

Factorysettings, except: Mic 48+ / Bluetooth OFF / LCD backlight 1 min on / Contrast 1 (of 10)

The effect on Bluetooth on batterylife could not be tested as BT loses connection very fast. That is the real bad thing from the Zoom F3 if you need it. Have not found any other issues. Just a nice small 48v brick that records too.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2022, 11:20:13 PM »
Mine arrived today from B&H. Excited to try it out. Thinking of getting a really short pair of angled interconnects and just leave them in, to minimize the wear on deck. What other tricks have you picked up. Anyone got a shot of the gaffer fix for the hold?
I do not have any issues with the hold button. It has to be pushed up twice to turn off, once will not turn it off. I have recorded a lot of shows with this deck and have not had any issues. It has changed much of how I record low pro, as I find it foolproof.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #264 on: October 13, 2022, 01:52:37 AM »
I do not have any issues with the hold button. It has to be pushed up twice to turn off, once will not turn it off. I have recorded a lot of shows with this deck and have not had any issues. It has changed much of how I record low pro, as I find it foolproof.

What is your opinion on the Bluetooth failing, does this happen to you too?

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #265 on: October 13, 2022, 06:40:23 PM »

I bought the Bluetooth add on, but have never used it. I just hit record and if it is low pro and I hit it early, and I chop off the excess in post. No levels to worry about so why should I worry about starting the deck on time or having it fail because the Bluetooth has disconnected? When I tested it the Bluetooth seemed robust, but I just like the fact that this is a true set and forget deck, so I have not used or messed with the Bluetooth add on during a show.

Offline mountainhop

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #266 on: October 13, 2022, 07:50:17 PM »
Recordingstests

impressive! whats the catch, that they lose chaarge quickly in storage? the amazon link says 2% per day loss which is several times higher than a normal non-lsd nimh

do they charge the same as any other nimh?

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2022, 02:32:21 AM »

I bought the Bluetooth add on, but have never used it. I just hit record and if it is low pro and I hit it early, and I chop off the excess in post. No levels to worry about so why should I worry about starting the deck on time or having it fail because the Bluetooth has disconnected? When I tested it the Bluetooth seemed robust, but I just like the fact that this is a true set and forget deck, so I have not used or messed with the Bluetooth add on during a show.
Good approach, probably this will how it works in practise. To me, now, feels nice to have a bit of control during a recording, but then again....with this unit, there is nothing to control :)

Offline Popmarter

• Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2022, 02:39:55 AM »
Recordingstests

impressive! whats the catch, that they lose chaarge quickly in storage? the amazon link says 2% per day loss which is several times higher than a normal non-lsd nimh

do they charge the same as any other nimh?

I use a Powerex charger to charge my nihms. That thing has a lot of feature, like uncharge (I hardly know how to deal with), but i just plug them in and let it charge. I can not be bother with info on losing charge time in storage and all. Using batteries out of storage without checking is just not something to do for me. I just charge them on the day of the concert so I know they are full. If you want more juice, I recommend a powerbank from Anker.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2022, 03:06:07 PM »

Good approach, probably this will how it works in practise. To me, now, feels nice to have a bit of control during a recording, but then again....with this unit, there is nothing to control :)
A good recording is just as much about mic placement, location, mic selection and so on. That is also much of the fun of it. I have no guilt at all after 50 years of recording to not worry that my level is too hot or too low. It's all about the end product after all.
 ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com