Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: xACT Help  (Read 1789 times)

Offline mandodon

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
xACT Help
« on: June 27, 2022, 02:00:04 PM »
I'm helping someone who archives festivals catch up on mastering/tracking. Here's my workflow.

I master and track a show in Reaper adding markers with song titles. Using the SWS Extensions, I change the the markers to regions. I export the regions as flac files using the original wav filename (as requested by the person I'm helping) plus t- and then a wildcard for the region number. So it would look like bandname2017-04-25_venuet-01.flac, bandname2017-04-25_venuet-02.flac, etc.

I found this thread where morst provided some directions, but I'm not seeing how to check files after tagging. https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=192655.15

I figured it out. See directions below.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 05:12:26 PM by mandodon »

Offline mandodon

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: xACT Help
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 03:37:36 PM »
 :smash:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 05:11:09 PM by mandodon »

Offline mandodon

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: xACT Help
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 05:09:24 PM »
 :smash: :iamwithstupid:  :cheers:

I think I figured this out.

For anyone else who's new to tagging files, to tag from a txt info file using xACT:

1. Click the Tag tab at the top of xACT application.
2. Select and drag the tracks you need to tag into the box at the left of the xACT screen.
3. Click the little checkbox next to Auto Name.
4. Click on the File Menu and select "Load Track Names from File". You should get a window with the song names from the text file. Click OK.
5. In the fields on right of the screen, fill in the Artist name, Date, and Venue. xACT will use the text file for the track names.
6. Click the "Write Tags" button and you will see the tags being written.
7. To check the tags in the Finder, click on a track you just tagged and select "Get Info" from the File menu. Click the "More Info" arrow and you will see the tags that xACT wrote to the files.

I'll do some screenshots to illustrate the process with the directions.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com