Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audacity for Mac  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Flynn

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Audacity for Mac
« on: October 30, 2022, 10:48:17 AM »
Recently did an update for Mac (Ventura 13.0)

Now when using Audacity I'm having trouble naming / labeling tracks. Normally I would hit command B and type the track name. That's not happening now. I can create the track marker but thats it.

I've tried leaving them all blank and using the export multiple feature so I could name them individually but the meta data doesn't make it xACT
Anyone have a fix or suggestion?

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audacity for Mac
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 02:29:21 PM »
Recently did an update for Mac (Ventura 13.0)

Now when using Audacity I'm having trouble naming / labeling tracks. Normally I would hit command B and type the track name. That's not happening now. I can create the track marker but thats it.

I've tried leaving them all blank and using the export multiple feature so I could name them individually but the meta data doesn't make it xACT
Anyone have a fix or suggestion?
I have had a simialar problem intermittently for the past year or so maybe, where the keyboard commands lose their focus and I try to type in a box but it starts acting like I want to issue keyboard commands?
My solution is to right-click on each track marker, and a pop up menu will offer you to EDIT or DELETE.
Edit will allow you to paste in a title if you like, which is not possible otherwise in audacity.

Also, are you running most recent version? Many regular users stick with 2.4.2 which does not "PHONE HOME"

Download old version here: https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-old.html

Edit:
Note also that xACT can tag groups of files from a track listing, when you click Auto-name, there are new window options under the FILE menu; LOAD TRACK NAMES FROM FILE and LOAD TAGS FROM CUE SHEET but you can also paste in a raw list of tracks with no numbers.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 02:32:52 PM by morst »
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline Flynn

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 05:20:05 PM »
Thanks Morst

That edit label worked great. Wish the hot keys would work but I'll take what I can get. Thanks again

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 03:00:18 AM »
ah sweet, glad my TRICK helped you have a TREAT
 HAHA!

https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 09:40:46 PM »
Just to add to the mix:
2.4.2 or so broke pasting into markers.
3.0-> fixed it, but phones home unless you use something like little snitch to block.

2.4.2 exports files that look and sound like they're mega-compressed when working with 32 bit input files that are over 0 db but normalized in Audacity.

Been getting to know Logic Pro, but so far it's a pita compared to Audacity workflow.

Looks like installing 3rd party Au plug-ins for Logic broke all plug-ins in Audacity. Fun times.
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com