Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Foobar Live ShowTagger issues

<< < (2/7) > >>

Gordon:

--- Quote from: roffels on January 14, 2023, 10:26:31 PM ---Make a new subfolder in the directory of your media files you're trying to update, move the files to the new subfolder, and try again.

I sometimes get similar issues with the Foobar Live Showtagger in certain directories and usually adding another layer fixes my problem.

--- End quote ---

This!  Sometimes a stray texfile in the directory will throw it off.

yousef:
Thanks for the further replies.

Having manually tagged the files I've not gone back to further-problem solve this but I can confirm that Foobar was looking outside of the files' directory for a text file, despite the correct file being the only one in the actual directory...

Also when I manually pointed it to the correct text file, it seemed not able to see the FLAC files... I'm thinking this is just an odd bug.

roffels:

--- Quote from: yousef on January 19, 2023, 01:09:38 PM ---Thanks for the further replies.

Having manually tagged the files I've not gone back to further-problem solve this but I can confirm that Foobar was looking outside of the files' directory for a text file, despite the correct file being the only one in the actual directory...

Also when I manually pointed it to the correct text file, it seemed not able to see the FLAC files... I'm thinking this is just an odd bug.

--- End quote ---
Yep, it experience it all the time if there's a text file in a parent directory. Just something to be aware of.

eman:
I wish Foobar would support having two sets but allowing it to be just a single list. My files are like band2023-01-20s1t2.flac and band2023-01-20s2t5.flac but my set lists just are a single sequential list with a line space between sets and a line space (CR) for the encore. It does ok for the first set but then after that it loses the thread and none of the data get assigned unless sometimes I manually fill in the track number (not Set 2 Track 1 but the next number in the set list ignoring which set it is) and then sometimes it might populate the song title. Disc number is a thing of the past. It is a giant pain. Single set shows are a joy. Foobar could look at my set list rather than my filenames and figure out what it is I want in my tags.

I was just thinking how "carriage return" refers to a manual typewriter and the paper was rolled in a moving carriage that you slid over with a bar that advanced the line spacing.

roffels:

--- Quote from: eman on January 31, 2023, 08:37:45 PM ---I wish Foobar would support having two sets but allowing it to be just a single list. My files are like band2023-01-20s1t2.flac and band2023-01-20s2t5.flac but my set lists just are a single sequential list with a line space between sets and a line space (CR) for the encore. It does ok for the first set but then after that it loses the thread and none of the data get assigned unless sometimes I manually fill in the track number (not Set 2 Track 1 but the next number in the set list ignoring which set it is) and then sometimes it might populate the song title. Disc number is a thing of the past. It is a giant pain. Single set shows are a joy. Foobar could look at my set list rather than my filenames and figure out what it is I want in my tags.

I was just thinking how "carriage return" refers to a manual typewriter and the paper was rolled in a moving carriage that you slid over with a bar that advanced the line spacing.

--- End quote ---

It works well if it's clear it's a second disc either in the file name or the tags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version