Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Replacement cable for Plantronics Audio 310 headphones  (Read 2278 times)

Offline gltape

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Replacement cable for Plantronics Audio 310 headphones
« on: May 29, 2023, 10:47:49 AM »
I have Plantronics Audio 310 headphones equipped with a single wire that splits in the last 30 cm into two separate cables with 3.5 mm jacks for audio and microphone.

As visible in photos 1, 2, and 3, the cable is in very poor condition because the rubber covering it is peeling off from several parts, leaving the copper wire visible as well.

I cannot find a suitable replacement that is identical to the original, even on Aliexpress.

Can someone please suggest where to find such spare parts at a reasonable price ?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 01:50:04 PM by gltape »

Offline gltape

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Replacement cable for Plantronics Audio 310 headphones
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 01:47:33 PM »
Anyone ?

Below I attach some photos to be clearer:

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 02:56:30 PM »
For a temp repair, could you hit it with some heat shrink tubing?
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

Offline gltape

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 05:18:06 AM »
For a temp repair, could you hit it with some heat shrink tubing?

I was thinking the same thing myself, but the rubber sheath is stiff and tends to break in several places so, such a repair might be short-lived.

Although the value of these headphones is low, I would like to save them because when I got them ten years ago, they were valued excellently for voice applications.

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • goes to 11
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 09:38:19 AM »

Time to replace those. That cable has had it. Multiple points of failure means replacement for me.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 10:50:33 AM »

Search the ebays for

Lot of 5 - Plantronics AUDIO 310, Monaural PC Headset , With USB Adapter

$49.99 OBO New Open Box Free Shipping for a lifetime's supply of these good old things

Hurry and they are yours....not affiliated

;D :alert:
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline gltape

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 06:13:26 AM »
I found something on Aliexpress that might suit my case: should I cut off one end and rewire it by opening the headphones, or splice the cable externally to avoid opening the headphones ...

Offline copyparrel

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 07:53:13 AM »
I have Plantronics Audio 310 headphones equipped with a single wire that splits in the last 30 cm into two separate cables with 3.5 mm jacks for audio and microphone.

As visible in photos 1, 2, and 3, the cable is in very poor condition because the rubber covering it is peeling off from several parts, leaving the copper wire visible as well.

I cannot find a suitable replacement that is identical to the original, even on Aliexpress.

Can someone please suggest where to find such spare parts at a reasonable price ?
You might want to check out Plantronics' official website or contact their customer support for replacement cables. They often offer genuine parts for their products. Alternatively, consider looking on Amazon or eBay for compatible third-party cables. Make sure to check customer reviews to ensure compatibility.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com