Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

digital transfer from legacy MD format (non-NETMD or HIMD) to PC

<< < (3/3)

sunjan:

--- Quote from: hoserama on October 16, 2020, 12:47:21 PM ---Nice find on QHImdTransfer! I wasn't aware of that. Maybe I'll dig up my RH1 and get it up and running.

--- End quote ---

Did anyone try Platinum-MD by Gavin Benda? Supposedly better support for RH1 on Windows.
It's still a beta, but lots of interesting discussion going on here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/minidiscgroup

taper420:

--- Quote from: sunjan on February 04, 2021, 07:53:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: hoserama on October 16, 2020, 12:47:21 PM ---Nice find on QHImdTransfer! I wasn't aware of that. Maybe I'll dig up my RH1 and get it up and running.

--- End quote ---

Did anyone try Platinum-MD by Gavin Benda? Supposedly better support for RH1 on Windows.
It's still a beta, but lots of interesting discussion going on here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/minidiscgroup

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up on this... not just for Windows, versions for Mac and Linux, too. Based on the same core as QHImdTransfer but less clunky and slicker GUI. Unfortunately my RH1 is going to take more than a few minutes to locate, so haven't tested it yet. It appears that it is targeted to NetMD devices for transferring to the unit from a computer, as that was an active area of development that fell short when the linux md project crept to a crawl, years ago. HiMD compatibility is a very recent addition to Platinum-MD, with warnings that it could corrupt your disc. There isn't much testing on HiMD devices because, as they put it, "you have to be an oil baron to own one these days." So I would probably stick with QHImd for anything other than testing, for HiMD transfers. But I don't really transfer HiMD anymore... I think most if not all of my PCM HiMD discs have already been transferred, tracked, and transmitted. Yet nearly 15 years after acquiring the RH1, I still have troves of ATRAC SP discs left from me and my buddy taping in the early aughts. ATRAC compression aside, with the inexperience and entry-level gear we were using back then, most probably aren't worth the effort.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version