Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: digital cable question??  (Read 2034 times)

Offline phishy12

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
digital cable question??
« on: May 11, 2007, 11:56:57 PM »
i am trying to use an audio magic excalibur II digital xlr cable to run from a mytek to the 744, but the 744 will not pick up the signal??? so i tried another digital xlr cable (tara labs) that i have and it worked fine. so then i tried the tara labs cable out of the mytek then plugged the audio magic cable into the tara labs and ran it into the 744, and it works fine?? anyone know why in the world this might happen?? also can someone tell me what makes an xlr cable digital vs. analog??

Offline phishy12

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: digital cable question??
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 12:41:31 AM »
okay, now i have seen that if i plug the tara labs digital xlr into the mytek i can plug any other xlr cable into the tara labs digital cable and run it to the 744 and it picks up the signal fine. also i can run any xlr cable i have from the mytek to the 744 and it picks up the signal just fine. why is this?? is the 744 actually receiving a digital signal if there is a regular cable in the chain?? and i still can't figure out why the audio magic cable will only work if it is plugged into another cable that is plugged into the mytek. if i plug the audio magic cable into the mytek and try to plug another cable into the audio magic and run it to the 744 it does not work either.

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
Re: digital cable question??
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 07:49:04 AM »
capacitance is what makes one analog vs. digital.
to push an AES signal, the cable must be 110ohm rated.
s/pdif, 75ohm.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com