Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Oade Modifications to Tascam HD-P2  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Kush

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Catch you on the flip-side!
Oade Modifications to Tascam HD-P2
« on: September 11, 2008, 11:03:02 AM »
I was browsing the Oade website today looking for pricing on a new Tascam HD-P2 with Oade modifications. Surprising to me, was that an ACM version wasn't available for purchase. Furthermore, it seems as though for tapers, only the Oade High Definition modification is useful.

Anyone know if the ACM mod was the earlier name of the (now called) High Definition mod? Or are these alltogether different modifications?
AKG SE300b (CK91/CK93) or SP-LSD2 > Busman Transparency mod Tascam HD-P2

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Oade Modifications to Tascam HD-P2
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 11:16:42 AM »
Call or email Doug. 

I have always found and very much appreciated that what's on the site or what is in a sig line here is not always what is with Doug's mods.   Talking with him about what I was running and what sound I was looking to achieve is what always determined what type of mods he would do be it a Wam mod, ACM, etc or some combination of them.  I think that he has many different modding options that are not listed on the site but more of just a general list of mods listed there.

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:06:35 PM »
You may also want to check with Busman (Chris Johnson). Both rodeen and I just sent our HD P2's to him to be modified. He is a great resource and will also take time to explain what you would expect. And he is very reasonable in price. He should be receiving our decks today, and I am psyched to get mine back and put it into play...

Doug is great too, but I was impressed with the Busman mod myself. Here is his info in case you have interest:

http://www.busmanaudio.com/

email: chris@busmanaudio.com
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »
I don't know about the P2 but when I purchased my PMD 660 from the Oades, I knew already that I wanted the ACM mod but it was no longer advertised on the web site.  I called and Doug told me that while the ACM was actually his favorite 660 mod it was very labor intensive and he had just released the song catcher mod that was sonicaly very similar but easier to do.  He now only does ACM mods on 660's if it is requested.  May be a similar situation with the P2.
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com