Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: fix dpa 4061 (cable short)?  (Read 1589 times)

Offline bonghitwillie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
fix dpa 4061 (cable short)?
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »
i have a cable short on my dpa4061 at the head.  maybe in the head.  can anyone fix this?  thx in advance

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: fix dpa 4061 (cable short)?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »
i have a cable short on my dpa4061 at the head.  maybe in the head.  can anyone fix this?  thx in advance
It is unlikely that can be fixed, as the thing has epoxy behind it.  The problem could be either in the capsule itself, or in the wire, right where it comes out of the epoxy.  Either way, it is unlikely fixable.  Talk to Chris Church, though.  I'm sure he's messed with this stuff.

If the capsule is really dead, I would like to disassemble it, though.  I'm curious what parts are behind the capsule.  i'm guessing there is at least one transistor, and maybe something else.

Richard

PS: Oh yeah, don't pay huge money to replace the capsule.  Some of us think Countryman B3 sound better :).
Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: fix dpa 4061 (cable short)?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 03:38:26 PM »
This topic was discussed just 2 or 3 weeks ago.  Look in the microphone section (where this thread should be if there wasn't already one) or try a search.

Answer is maybe, but probably not.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com