Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adjusting Levels On Edirol R09-HR Problem??  (Read 1666 times)

Offline PianoManGrj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Under New Ownership
Adjusting Levels On Edirol R09-HR Problem??
« on: June 30, 2010, 02:28:01 PM »
Hey folks, I just noticed that when I adjust my levels while recording there's a "click" every time I raise or lower my level.  This just started recently... Anyone have this problem or know where I can get it fixed??  It's almost 2 years old and I found out it was refurbished after I bought it.  No other problems (knock on wood!)  Thanks for the help,
Gregg

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Adjusting Levels On Edirol R09-HR Problem??
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »
You just didn't notice it before. All HR's are like this. If you need to change levels during a show and are not using a preamp for that, try to adjust them during applause if possible. Then you can cut out the noise without hearing any glitches.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:47:52 AM by fmaderjr »
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
yes Frank is correct, it's always been there; I didn't believe it but I listened to my recordings and noticed it as well. I usually do my adjusting during the very beginning of the act and during warm up so I'm less likely to use that audio. use the pre-amp to raise the gain and you won't have to deal with the clicks.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline PianoManGrj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Under New Ownership
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 10:00:06 PM »
Really?  Thanks, I usually only tape my band or stealth so I hardly ever get to adjust levels while recording.  I discovered it this summer while taping Phish.  It is kind of hard though to set levels when there's no opening band  :)   Oh well, I'll work around it.
Thanks again

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com