Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stereo mini or optical for jb3?  (Read 1657 times)

Offline partyroy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Roy's Homepage
Stereo mini or optical for jb3?
« on: September 08, 2005, 12:12:53 PM »
Just to be sure, I can use either a stereo mini or a optical mini for my jb3 on the line in, correct?? I'm planning to try my first show on Sunday and am waiting for my mics, cables etc... to get UPS'd from St. Louis. (Someone borrowed 'em and UPS is taking forever and I'm running into a time crunch between coaching/work commitments and slow ass UPS.)

The reason I'm asking is everywhere I call/visit and ask for optical mini they give me funny looks like I'm making them up. Stereo mini's seem to be much more prevalent and I think I already got one. FAQ seemed to say stereo mini ok, optical better - or at least seems to hint that way.

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Re: Stereo mini or optical for jb3?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 12:21:01 PM »
Optical mini will only be used if feeding an optical signal (from an A>D). I recieved the same looks you did when asking for them too. I promptly turned around and walked out.
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline partyroy

• Taperssection Newbie
    • Roy's Homepage
Re: Stereo mini or optical for jb3?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 12:24:03 PM »
So my two mics down to the stereo mini via Y will do? ...until I get my other stuff (converter, attenuator etc... $$$)

Thanks for the help,
Roy

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com