Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edirol R-1 Users - Please Read  (Read 1633 times)

Offline neutrino

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
Edirol R-1 Users - Please Read
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:17:35 AM »

Just curious if other R-1 users have experienced this situation - as I could not find any relevant posts in the Archives or in the Edirol R-1 FAQ.

I was recording with the R-1 using a pair of Energizer 2500mah batteries and had a power failure about a half-hour into a show. I guess I didn't charge the batteries to capacity before hand, or my batteries and/or charger may have issues. What was odd about the power failure was that, even though the recording had stopped due to low power, the REC button continued to stay illuminated as if it was still recording. I was watching the recording meters during the first couple of songs and then let it ride for three songs before I realized the recorder had stopped, but the REC button light was still on. I had the unit inside my backpack and could see the REC button illuminated so I thought all was good.

I was able to duplicate this several times at home today using the same batteries. What happens is that the low battery indicator will begin to flash for a while, then I'll get a "low battery" error on screen, then the recording will stop, file will be saved without error, all while the REC button stays illuminated red and the unit never actually powers off for quite a while, making one think the unit is still recording.

Anyone experienced this? I thought it might be good to mentioned this for R-1 users like me who don't constantly check their decks and may just be going by the fact that the red record light means the unit is still recording - when it may actually be stopped. Unless, it's just me and my fucked up Energizer's! ;) Let me know your thoughts...
dB-
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Edirol R-1 Users - Please Read
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:48:13 AM »
Unless, it's just me and my fucked up Energizer's! ;) Let me know your thoughts...

It's just fucked up you and your Energizers.  :P
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Evil Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Going pro...no time for taping now
Re: Edirol R-1 Users - Please Read
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 01:32:30 AM »
i had the same thing happen to me but my recorder fell off a table and hit the floor.  the light was still on but the screen wasn't showing it recording.  i lost the first half of that set cuz of this.  so careful.
Really not very evil at all now...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com