Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iRiver gain settings using Rockbox  (Read 1493 times)

Offline divamum

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
iRiver gain settings using Rockbox
« on: March 24, 2006, 02:51:19 PM »
Ok, I searched both in here and at the rockbox site and I haven't yet found out how this works.  I've figured out HOW to change the rec settings (scroll to the volume and gain lines in the rec screen, then adjust using the joystick R/L, right?).  HOWEVER, the settings are in a totally different "format" in the Rockbox setup and I have no idea what they mean or what to use.  What's "volume" and what's "gain" in this context, and why do they go to minus numbers and and and... aargh. Totally confused.

So, anybody care to enlighten?  If I tell you that I would have my iRiver firmware set for about 9, what would that translate into in the Rockbox screen?

Thanks - sorry to keep asking so many questions on this - I'm trying to get it set up so I can use it tonight and thus having to steam through this....

DPA4060
R09

Offline divamum

• Taperssection Member
Re: iRiver gain settings using Rockbox
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 02:57:44 PM »
Make haste slowly... answered my own Q - misticriver. net to the resscue!

Again, in case somebody else is ever searching in here, here's the link:

http://www.misticriver.net/showthread.php?t=37809
DPA4060
R09

Offline divamum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:04:37 PM »
GRRR!! Last insane, rushing-too-fast Q from me (geez, I'm turning into TS whackjob today) - I can't get it to set OVER +0.5 gain. How do I do that? AGC is OFF but it still won't go about .5.  Down, it'll go - is +.5 the highest and I need to go the other direction? Am playing with it but this is making no sense so far....  Help!  Tx.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:11:31 PM by divamum »
DPA4060
R09

Offline graemecogger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • Graeme's Galleries
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 04:57:25 PM »
Madeleine,

I assume you're using a recent version of Rockbox?  I've just put the latest version on my iHP-120, and I don't see that problem.  I can get the gains over +30, whatever the settings.

By the way, you know that the volume on the recording screen doesn't affect the recording?  It just sets the output level for monitoring (e.g. headphones).

Sorry I can't suggest anything :(

Graeme

Offline divamum

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 06:33:19 PM »
I'm getting some answers over at misticriver - I THINK it may be something to do with the AGC patch (which I'm not sure I have) which defaults to 0db being the max or somesuch. When I find out a definitive answer for once and for all I'll post back with the results. 

I did'nt get to record preoperly  last night anyway - the road I had to travel was closed due to an emergency and I barely made it there in time to SING (they had to hold the curtain for me - I wasn't on first, but I got there about 25 minutes after it started giving me maybe 10 minutes to change and compose myself before going on and singing!). Under the circumstances I'm amazed I had the presence of mind to record at all - I set up the JB3 in the car and just set it on the ledge and RAN!!

Crazy night.  More on irivers later...
DPA4060
R09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com