Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone have experience with Edirol/Roland for repairs?  (Read 1528 times)

Offline hyperplane

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Anyone have experience with Edirol/Roland for repairs?
« on: July 29, 2006, 10:52:05 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure where to put it.

So, tonight in my first field outting wiht the R-09, I was recording and everything was going fine. After the opening set, I pulled the R-09 out of my pocket, and stopped the recording.

Right before putting the R-09 back in my pocket, I gently pushed the mini-plug from my battery box (into the Line Input on the R-09), to make sure it was securely attached for the next set. So then the Line Input jack breaks... as in, it wiggles in all directions. I'm guessing the jack's surface mounts came loose from the board. I have no idea WTF is up with that. I've never had this sort of thing happen before, and I'm gentle with my gear.

Has anyone dealt with Edirol/Roland for repair/replacement before? If so, how were they to deal with for repairs? Fast or slow, reluctant to repair their product, etc.?

Thanks for any input.

Offline dgodwin

• Needs to get out more...
  • AT4041->Tascam DR-100mkiii
Re: Anyone have experience with Edirol/Roland for repairs?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 11:17:12 PM »
You should be able to get yours fixed under warranty.  I busted the screen on my R1 because I'm an idiot.  I called to get my R1 screen replaced.  They told me I had to deal with an authorized repair facility.  I looked, and the closest one was near my parent's house.  The place was basically out of the guys basement, but he was working on all sorts of keyboards, etc.  He said the biggest delay would be getting the part from Roland.  3 weeks later, the R1 was fixed, cost me around $80, which didn't seem too bad. 

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 11:20:26 PM »
I had great experience with a recall item on my r4.  They did that at the factory.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline hyperplane

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 11:48:03 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com