Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA-5 mods and USB duplexing  (Read 1669 times)

Offline snoknight

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
UA-5 mods and USB duplexing
« on: August 27, 2004, 09:31:39 PM »
So the digi mod switch issue is no prob, single pole double throw (spdt).
My question: For USB handled Audio what decent software supports latent or simultaneous digital audio through and from the USB? The rumor is that it works but only in ADV. mode and only in 48 and 44 speeds. I feel this may not be entirely correct because the instruction manual states that duplexing only is possible at 96 kHz in ADV. mode. Please someone cut through the speculative crap strings and tell me what works. Mods are great and the stand alone digi mod sounds very cool especially with a switch that returns it to normal mode, ill show picts of the meter mods and digi mod switch when i get around to doing it. but for now i need to maximize the existing system and software seems to be mighty skimp on specification parameters. C’mon where’s my cerebral brainchildren?
Utah D.
needs to buy a goat...

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re: UA-5 mods and USB duplexing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 12:07:52 AM »
The digi modded UA-5 disables playback from the host computer, essentially removing the duplex capabilities of the unit when running in 44.1 and 48 and rendering it a simplex-only device.

96khz isn't possible bidirectionally over USB, which is why the sample rate knob on the front of the unit has a 96khz record and a separate 96khz playback selection.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com