Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA5 Question (TRS?)  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Ryan Sims

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • A vision of a gentle coast
    • Something
UA5 Question (TRS?)
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:04:08 AM »
I plan on running my UA5 for the first time this Friday for UM in Knoxville.  The thing is, I have to go: AT853>3 Wire box>UA5 because I don't have the phantom power adapters yet.  I already have a stereo mini>dual 1/4" adapter.  The thing is, it's wired TS.  On the top of the UA5 it says, "Lo-Z/Hi-Z (TRS only) on Input 2.  I know the Low-Z/Hi-Z switch only effects Input 2, but I can't find the difference between the two, so any help there is appreciated greatly. 

Yada yada, here's the real question, is there any problem running TS on Inputs 1 and 2?  I can hack the cable to TRS if I need to, but if I don't, then that saves me a trip and some time.

Thanks all.
Ryan (minus sign) Sims dot com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryan-sims/

No single raindrop believes it's to blame for the flood.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: UA5 Question (TRS?)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 02:07:33 AM »
I plan on running my UA5 for the first time this Friday for UM in Knoxville.  The thing is, I have to go: AT853>3 Wire box>UA5 because I don't have the phantom power adapters yet.  I already have a stereo mini>dual 1/4" adapter.  The thing is, it's wired TS.  On the top of the UA5 it says, "Lo-Z/Hi-Z (TRS only) on Input 2.  I know the Low-Z/Hi-Z switch only effects Input 2, but I can't find the difference between the two, so any help there is appreciated greatly. 

Yada yada, here's the real question, is there any problem running TS on Inputs 1 and 2?  I can hack the cable to TRS if I need to, but if I don't, then that saves me a trip and some time.

Thanks all.

No there is no problem as a matter of fact when you run into a TRS input your ring should be shorted to ground with a regular mono 1/4 jack. That will unbalance the input of the preamp. This is a good thing when connecting an unbalanced battery box to it.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com