Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Aerco MP-2 to iriver H120 digital input?  (Read 1680 times)

Offline bobsmith19

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Live from Atlanta
Aerco MP-2 to iriver H120 digital input?
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:06:28 PM »
Hey, with all the interest in the Aerco MP-2, it's got me thinking about one.  What do I need/would I need/could I use to go between the MP-2 and the digital input on my iriver H120?  From what I can tell the MP-2 has got analog RCA out (left and right), and a miniplug (also analog I assume).  Any suggestions?  I looked at the Mini-DAC, but it seems to be digital in and analog out.  I think I'd need the opposite in this case.

My other question might seem dumb, but I'll play devil's advocate.  Why not just go analog into the iriver? 

I would think you'd want to avoid the lower quality line-in on the iriver and use it strictly as a digital bit bucket. 

Can someone please set me straight?  Thanks, Bob.
Milab VM-44 Link > SX-M2 > PMD661 OCM
Nevaton MCE 400 > PS1 > PMD661 OWM
AT853 (80s model) > PMD620 OWM

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • it's recreational
Re: Aerco MP-2 to iriver H120 digital input?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »
An SBM1 w/ optical cable would be great for what you describe.  There's one in the yard sale now:

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,97598.0.html

What you need is a true analog-to-digital converter.  The sbm1 is one, as well as apogee ad-1000/ad-500.  Mytek makes some nice ones.  Could use a ua-5 but I'd avoid that if possible (redundant gain stages).  You could also use your ad-20 but would need some attenuator cables to decrease the signal going into the ad-20 otherwise you'll overload the iriver (again, because of too much gain).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 09:22:02 PM by drewloo »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com