Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 460s  (Read 5636 times)

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 460s
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »
What's everyone's opinion on JW mod 460's into a 7xx..? Warm enough to round them out nicely?

i think they sound great together - i actually enjoy the 722 pre more and more each time i run it. i think the warmer pre pairs every nicely with the mics.

check out this marc ford show from a few weeks back, JWmod463>722

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=508610

I quickly found the pre in the 722 to be well suited for the JW's. Prior to the pre in the 722 I was using a V3 and found the sound to striking and almost harsh at times, especially in the highs. The 722 pre really mellowed the sound. I still use the V3 pre, mostly outdoors. For some reason I get less fatiguing highs when that combo is run outdoors. ???

pretty much my experiences with the V2 - wasn't always a harsh combo but in a lot of indoor rooms that weren't so great, the highs were definitely a bit much for me. seemed to be hit or miss. i think the JWmods sound consistently much better with a warmer pre
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 460s
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »
What's everyone's opinion on JW mod 460's into a 7xx..? Warm enough to round them out nicely?

i think they sound great together - i actually enjoy the 722 pre more and more each time i run it. i think the warmer pre pairs every nicely with the mics.

check out this marc ford show from a few weeks back, JWmod463>722

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=508610

I quickly found the pre in the 722 to be well suited for the JW's. Prior to the pre in the 722 I was using a V3 and found the sound to striking and almost harsh at times, especially in the highs. The 722 pre really mellowed the sound. I still use the V3 pre, mostly outdoors. For some reason I get less fatiguing highs when that combo is run outdoors. ???

pretty much my experiences with the V2 - wasn't always a harsh combo but in a lot of indoor rooms that weren't so great, the highs were definitely a bit much for me. seemed to be hit or miss. i think the JWmods sound consistently much better with a warmer pre

Yea, you're right. It was always hit or miss indoors. I never drag the V3 into theaters anymore. It became a space issue also. Actives and the 722 make for quick setups and more room. I still find myself using the V3 outdoors, usually with the full bodies, not the actives. I then use the big Shure screens and find they help mellow out the shreiking highs.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.263 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com