Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: R09HR problem.  (Read 2267 times)

Offline tonebloke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • What!!!!!!!!!
R09HR problem.
« on: March 02, 2013, 09:38:32 AM »
Morning tapers. My Edirol seems to be going senile.

More than a few times recently it has "recorded" a gig, according to the machine, but after checking the SD card there was nothing on it. It powers up fine; all settings are fine; batteries are fine; machine seems to be fine. When I press record the imput signal looks normal but when the card is connected to PC there is only a single file of maybe 60kb - like it started recording but stopped internally, but externally (to the eye) it is still working. It has become a bit hit and miss as to whether it captures something or not.

Before you ask; no, I haven't put it on pause.

Anyone come across a similar problem? Anyone have an idea as to the reason for this happening?

A bit of background: - more often than not the recorder is in my shirt pocket under a jacket. Could heat be a problem? Personally I don't think this is the case as I've used it up to three nights in a row in the same configuration but had two good captures and one "dud".

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Church Audio CA-11
Church Audio CAFS
Church Audio Bat2Box (X2)
Edirol R09-HR
Tascam DR2d

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: R09HR problem.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:18:52 AM »
Your files may still exist on the card.  Do not assume they are missing.  The most critical thing is not to alter the card in any way. There are quite a few threads here on recovery that you should consult.  Search for photorec.  You might also try the recorder's file repair feature, though I would not since it violates the first rule of data recovery, which is not to modify the original media.

You should try and reproduce the problem in a controlled environment.  Heat could be a factor.  But body heat alone should not be enough to normally cause problems.

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 11:20:34 AM »
Quite possibly the SD card and not the recorder.  What kind of card are you using?  Have you tired a different SD card?

Offline tonebloke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • What!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:51:33 AM »

You should try and reproduce the problem in a controlled environment.  Heat could be a factor.  But body heat alone should not be enough to normally cause problems.

The files are definitely not there.

Quite possibly the SD card and not the recorder.  What kind of card are you using?  Have you tired a different SD card?

I rotate 2 cards - both are SanDisk SDHC Class 10 Ultra 16gb. It's happened with both A and B cards.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 01:54:38 AM by tonebloke »
Church Audio CA-11
Church Audio CAFS
Church Audio Bat2Box (X2)
Edirol R09-HR
Tascam DR2d

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »
What's your firmware version? The R09hr is fairly ancient in terms of SD recorders. I'm wondering if it doesn't like those fancy SD cards and might recommend downgrading to a standard speed sandisk card with less capacity.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.087 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com