Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Oade ACM V3  (Read 61548 times)

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Oade ACM V3
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2007, 08:45:09 PM »
I  picked up my V3 this afternoon and took a quick tour of the facilities in Boulder. The gang at Grace says that the Oade mod will not void the warranty. They trust Doug's work. They are very interested in hearing how it sounds. If someone has a comp you might want to send a copy over to the shop. I did ask about the possibility of a CF/HD recorder. It's their feeling that there are already good products on the market in this area, but who knows. Good people all the way around.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2007, 08:59:18 PM »
I  picked up my V3 this afternoon and took a quick tour of the facilities in Boulder. The gang at Grace says that the Oade mod will not void the warranty. They trust Doug's work. They are very interested in hearing how it sounds. If someone has a comp you might want to send a copy over to the shop. I did ask about the possibility of a CF/HD recorder. It's their feeling that there are already good products on the market in this area, but who knows. Good people all the way around.

who'd you meet, jamie? the man mike himself?  ;D

they're great.  always happy to give you a quick peek in the studio and talk shop.  it's fun to see them out at shows too, thinking what it was like when mike was taping phish at the fox back in like 92...

where are you now?  are you hanging out in boulder?

CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2007, 09:45:12 PM »
Grace says that the Oade mod will not void the warranty. They trust Doug's work.
wow cool

i am not sure the v3 could get better but if it did then that is really cool

still hoping there is a sweet "v4" recorder sometime, that i can afford :)
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2007, 12:17:13 AM »

who'd you meet, jamie? the man mike himself?  ;D

they're great.  always happy to give you a quick peek in the studio and talk shop.  it's fun to see them out at shows too, thinking what it was like when mike was taping phish at the fox back in like 92...

where are you now?  are you hanging out in boulder?

I met Neal, Jamie, and the boss man himself. I'm up in Nederland at a friend's house until Thursday. I've been gettting schwilled on Avery's Reverand Quadrupel Ale and some assorted barley wines.

On Saturday night my friends and I tried to have dinner at the Black Forest in Nederland. I had to beg my friends to give the place a chance since they claimed that they didn't like hippies. I'm fairly clean cut, but my friend and his girl and difinite hippies. The place has a kick ass menu so I insisted that we give them another chance. We walk in the place at 8:30 on Saturday night and the matreD claims that the kitchen is closed. The owner comes out and seemingly confirms that the kitchen is indeed closed. I've never experienced less courtesy in my life. I find it hard to believe that on a prime hour on the busiest night of dinner service, that the kitchen is closed. I had a pocket full of cash that I gladly would have traded for a good meal. I plan to email the contact address on their website and inform them how poor their service is and what their reputation is in the community. Other than that, I'm having a great time.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2007, 07:03:20 AM »
well...the food there is good.
:)

but so is the Indian place, (whos name escapes me) on the "other side of town".
Hippies ....., in Ned?
Naaaahhhhhh

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2007, 04:55:10 PM »
The gang at Grace says that the Oade mod will not void the warranty. They trust Doug's work.

Until they find out he loads the innards with goop and makes them unservicable.  ;D

Did he apply his "mark" to yours Dave?

Curious to see how this sounds with some real mics.  ;D
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2007, 05:00:21 PM »
The gang at Grace says that the Oade mod will not void the warranty. They trust Doug's work.

Until they find out he loads the innards with goop and makes them unservicable.  ;D

By 'mark' do you mean did he scratch off the markings on the chips or did he add 'goop'?  I haven't cracked it open yet so I couldn't tell you but I can't imagine he'd use the goop.

Anytime you want to send me your Schoeps i'll run em.  But you and I both know that the 480 rule!   8)

Offline smokydays

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I Hunger
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2007, 05:00:26 PM »

Until they find out he loads the innards with goop and makes them unservicable.  ;D

Seriously ??  Does he do that to say HD-P2's that he mods as well?
Still Missing Woody...

"Time to discover, what's really really really right.  Instead of what makes us feel strong."
-- About To Rage, Gov't Mule

Offline mmedley.

• CAR RAMROD
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »

By 'mark' do you mean did he scratch off the markings on the chips or did he add 'goop'?  I haven't cracked it open yet so I couldn't tell you but I can't imagine he'd use the goop.

Anytime you want to send me your Schoeps i'll run em.  But you and I both know that the 480 rule!   8)

Yeah, that is what I was referring to...scratch off and/or cover the caps/chips with whatever he uses, some sort of epoxy I would imagine?

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2007, 05:11:48 PM »
I've never known him to cover anything with "goop", only to scratch off the identifying info on the parts he uses.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2007, 05:17:30 PM »
the innards of our m118 were encased in silicone (goop)

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »
I've never known him to cover anything with "goop", only to scratch off the identifying info on the parts he uses.

Well you haven't cracked open that 148 yet.  You'll see the goop in question. 

I have not cracked my V3 open but maybe I will this weekend and take some pics.

Offline mmedley.

• CAR RAMROD
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2007, 05:19:39 PM »
I have seen it once or twice and thought it was his standard practice to hide all his upgrades with epoxy (the ones he couldn't scratch off and/or to hide caps). Maybe that was just on the m118? I know I saw it somewhere at some point.  :-\ Oh well. Open that bad boy up and see what he changed...and post some pics.  ;D

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Retired Taper
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »

Well you haven't cracked open that 148 yet.  You'll see the goop in question. 

Actually I have, but I don't remember any "goop"  ???   Only the black duct tape that the lead acid batteries were wrapped ind.d
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2007, 05:26:20 PM »
same.
when Carl had his, I took it apart to check it out.  some shrink wrap here and there, but no parts were entombed in goop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.107 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com