Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Juicebox Question  (Read 1932 times)

Offline JiB97

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Archive Bookmarks
Juicebox Question
« on: May 27, 2006, 10:15:13 PM »
This is  probably a stupid, basic question, but I searched and couldn't find the answer.  Ok, so I just got a ToddR Juicebox, for use with powering my JB3, and it isn't powering it up at all.

The cable that came with it is pictured here:

This is the battery I am using:

The Juicebox itself:

The cable that I am using to run from my battery into the juicebox:

The whole set-up:

The cable that I am using to run from my battery into the Juicebox is the same cable that worked powering my UA-5 directly from the battery.  My question is, do I need to get a different cable to run from my battery into the Juicebox?   Is this problem something that can be fixed with Adaptaplugs at Radio Shack?  I have tried switching the cables around, but to no avail. Thanks in advance, I'm sure this isn't something too technical, but I don't have much knowledge in this area.  I just know how to hit record. :P
AKG ck3/ck8 | c460b  + Naiant Actives | PFAs
Audio Technica u853r (omnis/mini-guns)
Tascam DR-70D

My Archive Links

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
Re: Juicebox Question
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 09:43:15 AM »
The cable that I am using to run from my battery into the Juicebox is the same cable that worked powering my UA-5 directly from the battery.

A cable configured to use with a UA5 is a center-negative cable (since the UA5 is reverse polarity).  The Juice Box requires a center-positive cable.  Unfortunately, if you tried to run the Juice Box with the UA5 cable, you sent the JBox reverse voltage and probably fried the JBox. :-\
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 10:34:23 AM »
The cable that I am using to run from my battery into the Juicebox is the same cable that worked powering my UA-5 directly from the battery.

A cable configured to use with a UA5 is a center-negative cable (since the UA5 is reverse polarity).  The Juice Box requires a center-positive cable.  Unfortunately, if you tried to run the Juice Box with the UA5 cable, you sent the JBox reverse voltage and probably fried the JBox. :-\

ouch, that sux :(
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline JiB97

• Trade Count: (12)
    • My Archive Bookmarks
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 05:22:09 PM »

ouch, that sux :(

Damnit. :'(
AKG ck3/ck8 | c460b  + Naiant Actives | PFAs
Audio Technica u853r (omnis/mini-guns)
Tascam DR-70D

My Archive Links

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com