Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Laptop Backup Power Source  (Read 2071 times)

Offline willson486

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Laptop Backup Power Source
« on: January 11, 2005, 05:26:47 PM »
I'm running this rig starting this weekend and need some help with power

SP-CMC-4 > SP-SPSB-1 > Tascam US-122 > Dell Inspiron 8600

now the tascam is USB powered so it runs on the laptop battery....

can anyone give me a good easy solution for someone who is not good at all with technical mods and the like.  I need to make sure my laptop battery lasts and find another power source other than an outlet?  are there any easy ways to buy a big battery and tap into it without much difficulty?

Offline Tyler McGhee

• has developed quite a tolerance...
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • head on down to south park and meet some friends..
    • Piqtu Multimedia
Re: Laptop Backup Power Source
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 07:05:22 PM »
i run an 8500 and it sucks the power down.

look into the ncharge system by valence.

i think it's valence.com

you can get the new batteries at best buy, or order online, but they're a bit costly.
ADK A-51 TL's /DPA 4061 / AKG e451b > Lunatec V3 optical/spdif out > JB3 (16/48) / VxPocket 440 > Dell Inspiron 8500 (24/48)> WaveLab 5.0

http://www.piqtu.com

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 07:18:10 PM »
http://www.valence.com/default.asp

They make 2 different flavors of their batteries the N-Charge and the N-Charge II

I own 2 on the VNC-130's and they are great. The only thing I don't like about them is the adapter that connects the battery to the Lappy. It doesn't lock in to place. I use 2 large runbber bands to secure them. Anyway I haven't tried the new units, they look like they might be built a little better than the orignals but as I said I dont have any hands on experience with them.

With my laptop I get about 3.5+ Hours per 10Hour(x2) battery while taping. They get the job done. If your laptop supports running 2 internal batteries I would go that route as it will be cheaper. You could also check to see if the internal batteres in the laptop are HOT swappable (meaning you can remove and replace 1 w/o causing the laptop to shut down).

I run 2 Internal laptop batteries and have the 2 10hour N-Charges so I usually never worry about power
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline willson486

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 08:03:15 PM »
is there any other way to externally power it cheaply with another type of battery?

Offline Tyler McGhee

• has developed quite a tolerance...
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • head on down to south park and meet some friends..
    • Piqtu Multimedia
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 08:22:08 PM »
you could get a 12v battery (a car battery would be perfect for festivals!  ;D )
and get one of the cigarette lighter adapters from dell, hack of the end and connect it to the posts. 

i was thinking about doing this for festivals this summer.  i'd put the car battery in a wagon
along with the rest of the rig and just pull it around!  would be murder if it was muddy.
ADK A-51 TL's /DPA 4061 / AKG e451b > Lunatec V3 optical/spdif out > JB3 (16/48) / VxPocket 440 > Dell Inspiron 8500 (24/48)> WaveLab 5.0

http://www.piqtu.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com