Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone using MusicIP mixer (with or without squeezebox)?  (Read 1966 times)

Offline whatboutbob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • A very happy chappy right now...
Anyone using MusicIP mixer (with or without squeezebox)?
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:08:42 AM »
Just wondering if anyone uses MusicIP mixer ( http://www.musicip.com/mixer/index.jsp )?

In combo with my squeezebox duet I've found it has changed the way I listen to music.

For those that haven't heard of it, musicip mixer is essentially a playlist generator that acoustically analyses your music library and allows you to generate a playlist that sounds like / is based on a seed song of your selection.  In a cruisy mood?  Generate a playlist based on just about any Jack Johnson song and you'll be asleep in no time.  In a cruisy mood but want to work your way into the evening?  Set your seed song as a cruisy number and your end song as somethin' rockin' and let musicip work out everything in between.

It is a pita to set up, and it doesn't work 100% perfectly, but it gets things right more often than not, and exposes me to a lot more of my music than I play by myself.

PS I've no affiliation with either musicip or squeezebox beyond being a satisfied user of both.
Mics: Audix m1290's, AT943's (w/ AT853 C/O/H caps), AT853's
Power: PS-2, Homebrew 3wbb, SPSB-6
Pre/AD: UA-5 (BM2p+), CA-9100, AD-20
Recorder: iriver H120, H160

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Anyone using MusicIP mixer (with or without squeezebox)?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:51:37 PM »
just found this program and am getting ready to set it up with my squeezebox but seems like quite a chore

encouraging to see you have had success and enjoy it - ill report back
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com