Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: My Roland CS-10em earbud microphones keep falling out of my ears...  (Read 3088 times)

Offline omgblood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I've had these for a couple months and recently they started falling out of my ears often and when I put them back into my ears during a recording its very noticeable in the sound of course... kind of spoiled my last trip and I don't wish to repeat that.. Basically I'm always outside and moving when I'm recording accompanied by videoing

I've been trying to think of ways to set them up with ear clips to clip them onto my ears along with sticking them into my ears. Does anyone have any other ideas how I could set them up so I don't just have to rely on sticking them into my ears to have them stay in place? I've never recorded audio until I got these

Offline Niels

• Taperssection Regular
Re: My Roland CS-10em earbud microphones keep falling out of my ears...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 08:12:19 AM »
Have you experimented with the different silicone ear plugs enclosed with the mics?
Also securing the cord to your clothes will relieve the downward pulling strain as well as reducing potential friction noise.
Roland R-07 -> FEL Communications Clippy EM172 Omnis or pair of RĂ˜DE Lavaliers.
iPhone 14 -> Shure MV88 or Sennheiser AMBEO Smart Headset

Online seethreepo

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Resist Or Serve
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 10:24:45 AM »
gaff tape?  or a toque pulled down low?  think  windscreen
"Never heard anyone say that music was the thing that fucked up their day" 
-Chris Robinson 1996-09-24

real recorder > phone
 external mics > Internal mics
 FOB > Taper Section
 HATS > better than Denied

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »
Over-ear clips for ear buds.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Offline omgblood

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 05:02:57 PM »
Have you experimented with the different silicone ear plugs enclosed with the mics?
Also securing the cord to your clothes will relieve the downward pulling strain as well as reducing potential friction noise.

I'll look into some silicone ear plugs that might fit with the ear buds. The ones that came from Roland just seem too soft, and I'll invest into some clips, thanks. That seems like something obvious I should have done a long time ago, since I've seen so many others use them.

gaff tape?  or a toque pulled down low?  think  windscreen

Taping them literally to my ears does sound appealing because of how seriously annoying they are

Ear clips made to attach to earbuds literally sounds like the perfect solution. Did a search on Amazon and they are a thing.

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 07:28:54 AM »
Quote from:

Ear clips made to attach to earbuds literally sounds like the perfect solution. Did a search on Amazon and they are a thing.

Let us know the result!

Side note: union member here, we get bused to a job site from an off-site office/freight yard on my current job.  A couple of months ago, there was a laborer/"rapper" on one of the crews.  One morning out of nowhere, the dude just starts spitting lyrics and the bus goes silent to hear him rap.  He was sitting a few seats over from me.  I took one look at his earbuds... and as everyone was getting out at the job site... I asked him how he thought his recording would turn out.  He tried to play coy for a second, they I gave him a look and told him I knew his headphones were mics as well.  We had a good laugh and he told me I was the first person to know that they mics and headphones-in-one.  Hashtag: bonding.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.099 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com