Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Re: Sennheiser MKE 2002 replacement omni capsules & preamp mod  (Read 9005 times)

Offline bobsyouruncle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Sennheiser MKE 2002 replacement omni capsules & preamp mod
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:34 AM »
Thanks, I will look into it.

Offline bobsyouruncle

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:30 AM »
A question. I have looked at the DPA boxes on line and will find a Canadian retailer for price quotes. I use the Sennheisers as back-up mikes and for stealth situations. I usually use Neumann 184's with a V2. Do I need a mike preamp like the the Naiant Littlebox in conjunction with the DPA battery box to really improve sound quality? I don't want to spend too much money, just upgrade to improve sound quality at a reasonable cost. Do you think that the DPA battery box would be sufficient? Thanks again.

mfrench

Re: Re: Sennheiser MKE 2002 replacement omni capsules & preamp mod
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 08:28:35 AM »
DPA makes a nice preamp for that series of mics, the MMA6000. it delivers from zero to 35dB of clean gain.  You'd have to modify it as well, in order to get it to work as I'd described earlier. In fact, the mod to this one is probably a bit more in-depth.  I learned how to do this mod because I was stupid with a dremel tool.

In truth, since it sounds like you're in Canada, you might want to contact a member here, Chris Church, Church Audio. Chris builds custom audio gear, and preamps. He might have a quality solution for you for less than what DPA will run.

Offline bobsyouruncle

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 06:33:10 AM »
Thanks. I may contact Chris. I have heard of him on this site, however I did not know that he was in Canada.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com