Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic configs with the MG 210s  (Read 1795 times)

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Let's go Pens!
Mic configs with the MG 210s
« on: January 23, 2004, 02:27:10 PM »
So after finally learning all the good mic configurations for the SR-77s I now have to start over with the MG 210s.  Obviously, being hypers is going to make a huge difference, but I was wondering what you MG people prefer.  I run the EW's ORTF almost exclusively from close in.

I also have a specific question regarding a particular situation.  I'm recording a show at a small, coffeehouse like venue next week.  It'll be a single guitar and vocals.  Usually, I record from front row center at this place and tape off the monitors (the speakers hang from the ceilings and are actually behind me).    I'm worried that might be a little close for the hypers.  Is there a good config for this situation or do I have to move back?
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re:Mic configs with the MG 210s
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 02:45:52 PM »
I generally like DIN (17cm, 90*), although I use XY 90* in smaller places with widely spread speakers.  I also use DIN in situations where I want to accentuate the bass and XY to cut it.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com