Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam dr70d. Case?  (Read 3115 times)

Offline deadphishin420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Tascam dr70d. Case?
« on: July 15, 2019, 11:27:11 PM »
Any one who has the tascam dr70d, what do you use as a case? I have a hard plastic case I use to hold my deck, cables and mics, and I keep the tascam in the styrofoam it came in inside my case. Would like to get a case I can put it in inside my case. Any suggestions?
Akg 391 hyper/Akg 430 cardioid/akg c214 Omni/>sound devices mix pre 6

mfrench

Re: Tascam dr70d. Case?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 09:22:59 AM »
I don't use a "case", as much as I have a recording bag. That recording bag is set up with divided sections.  Those sections are defined by what we had available a decade ago, from the Target retail stores, a welded wire kitchen shelving rack. The bag is a fishing tackle bag that I've used for recording for 30 years, a Rapala bag from Walmart.
The sections are defined by the wire rack. The microphones drop into the section that is padded by the outside pocket.  The recorder goes into the midle action, which is protected by wire grid, and, the recorder is also wrapped in an old towel, and put inside of a padded zipper pouch "lunch box".  In the recording bag, it is also padded on its other side by a 1" thick piece of fairly stiff kneeling pad foam.
Ultimately, the recorder is deeply buried in protection, and, well padded.

I've taken a few pics of it packed, as I do not have any in that state of rest. check back in a few.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 09:34:23 AM by Moke »

mfrench

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:41:16 AM »
This is my recording bag, exploded to show content.

7067 shows the contents in their various pouches.
7068 shows the DR70D wrapped in its towel, inside of the padded "lunch box".

7069 is the "padded lunch box" recorder bag.  You can see the mesh outer finish. If you look closely, you can see a triangular shape below the mesh.  That triangular shape is a bent piece of wire, bent to a triangle, and finished/closed.  It is set up at a 90ยบ near-coincident 22cm spread, wide-din stereo configuration.  I use this for low profile, on lap, on floor, on shelf, stage lip, etc., stereo recording.

7070 is the kit all in the Rapapla fishing tackle recording bag.

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 04:26:21 PM »
1) purchase a fifth of Crown.
2) apply deck to interior of crown royal bag.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
Front pocket of the portabrace accessory case that came with my power system for my old D10, or now that I have a mixpre6 there, I wrap it in a washcloth.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline anodyne33

• You'll have that
  • All my life there's been the magnets.
    • Lucky
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 09:48:39 AM »
I have a Amazon Basics medium camera bag. I really wanted to try to get it in a small because of the form factor, but I think it would have been really tight when you add in mics (in a Pelican case) in hindsight. At some point I might just cut all the extraneous pockets and second lid off of the medium. It is nice to be able to get my shock mounts in the bag and not leave them on a stand.
Pockets full of nickels and nothing left to eat, and I'm stuck behind a semi on Soniat Street.

mfrench

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 10:49:40 AM »
I have a Amazon Basics medium camera bag. I really wanted to try to get it in a small because of the form factor, but I think it would have been really tight when you add in mics (in a Pelican case) in hindsight. At some point I might just cut all the extraneous pockets and second lid off of the medium. It is nice to be able to get my shock mounts in the bag and not leave them on a stand.

The blue bag, within my kit bag, is my mic pouch. It is a Dollar Store shaving kit bag. It holds the mics in their own cases, and,  the shock mounts, too.

Offline deadphishin420

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 08:52:43 PM »

I ordered this last week and got it today. It works perfectly! And it was only $10.  Thanks a bunch for all of the recommendations
Akg 391 hyper/Akg 430 cardioid/akg c214 Omni/>sound devices mix pre 6

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 12:21:13 PM »

I ordered this last week and got it today. It works perfectly! And it was only $10.  Thanks a bunch for all of the recommendations

I know you already purchased, but I use the Large version of this and really love it.  The quality is far better than what you would expect for the price.  Also, the side pockets of the large bag are the perfect size for a Manfrotto Super Clamp.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Large-Gadget-Orange-interior/dp/B00CF5OHZ2/
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Joop

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »
I have a Tascam DR-701D, same size. I use an Orca OR-28 mini sound bag. There are some other models from other brands, very well made, but they lack some extra space for cables, headphone,batteries and all other stuff needed on location. You can find Orca here  https://www.orcabags.com/product/or-28-mini-sound-bag-for/.
In the Orca OR-28 you can fit nicely the Tascam and connect it to the bag. For battery change you just turn the bag with recoder upside down, open the bottom, open the frontdoor (funny they call it front) from the recorder, open the battery compartment and you can change your 4 AA's. Close all and turn it over and go ahead with recording. Also you can lift the recorder to a workable height in the bag as the Tascam is very tiny. In the space under the recorder you can fit an USB powerbank if it is not too wide and give you extra recording time  ;D

Offline Papaphunk

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 11:24:01 AM »
I Use a Shelf, attach it to stand and put the battery pack right on top of the 70D Recorder.

Works pretty well, then I can put a hand towel over it once running so it doesn't bother anyone's viewlines and I don't over analyze my levels throughout the show.

Have a small camera case I use to transport the recorder, xlr cables and charger.
AKG CK-61 / CK-62 / CK-63  > AKG c480b / c460b Bodies
ZOOM H6 - TASCAM DR-100MKII & III

1500+ Recordings Uploaded to Archive: https://archive.org/details/@papaphunk

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com