Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Izotope program question

<< < (2/2)

rocksuitcase:
bump to be in thread, I am considering purchasing izotope SOON for cassette transfers; and might I add Ben Turnbull has been helpful to me in realizing this is the product for me. which module, as is, would be recommended for analog to digi transfers?

EmRR:

--- Quote from: rocksuitcase on December 10, 2019, 10:08:29 AM ---bump to be in thread, I am considering purchasing izotope SOON for cassette transfers; and might I add Ben Turnbull has been helpful to me in realizing this is the product for me. which module, as is, would be recommended for analog to digi transfers?

--- End quote ---

You can apply a pretty good amount of de-noise to tape.  Use it within RX7 instead of as a plug in, and select the highest quality render (D?).  Do it in multiple passes if needed, I'll typically do an overall light pass, then possibly a second pass for specific noisy regions, which could be spots in time or an overall frequency range. 

Related but different from music work, I have used de-noise with spoken word content in a room with an air conditioner running full blast, reduced it to a low hiss with two passes of roughly -12 for different aspects of the noise.  Room sounds silent.  Previously the AC was extremely distracting and masked some low level speech.   The voices sound somewhat different, there is a penalty, but they don't have obvious artifacts.  A person not familiar with the raw audio would not think it sounded off. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version