Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone good with Adobe Audition?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline J

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Anyone good with Adobe Audition?
« on: May 23, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »
I taped a recent Fishbone gig, and the pull turned out great.  I'm really happy with it, and was planning on adding fades, normalizing, and making tracks out of it.  Actually I did all of that, but as I was listening to it today, about 3/4 of the way through the show, the recording gets noticeably quieter (not too bad, but definately noticeable).  I think I may have accidentally turned the gain down (the pre was in my front jeans pocket.)  The rest of the show is recorded at the lower volume.

Can anyone with the know-how, and the inclination to help out a newb explain how you might go about raising the volume on the last quarter of the show?  I just need to figure out how to pinpoint exactly where the volume drops, and the tool to use to boost the volume, so it stays about the same.  If you need, I'm sure I can post a pitcha of the waveform, if that might help.

Thanks!
j
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:30:36 PM by J »
True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
Re: Anyone good with Adobe Audition?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:07:02 AM »
Determine just where the level drops and place a QUE make there so you know.  Then highlight a small section with 'normal' level and do a statistics check and note the average RMS level.  Then highlight another small section the 'lower' level and note its average level. 

Do the math and see how much DB difference is showing from the two sections and go to 'effects' section 'amplify' feature set in DB and amplify the entire 'lower level' section from the Que mark to the end of the recording by the DB difference.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

stevetoney

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 04:14:24 AM »
I do the same thing as guy only I just estimate the DB difference by watching how high the bars are dancing on the level meter.  It's not as scientific, but it doesn't need to be balls-on exact.

To avoid having a step change in volume on your recording, I use 'fade in' to change the level gradually from the que point.  I try to make the duration of the fade-in to be the same length of time as the time it took to change the volume during the show, in order to kinda cancel out how much the level changed during the recording.  Then increase the level uniformly for the rest of the recording from that point.

Offline J

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 06:37:40 AM »
sweet, sounds like it shouldn't be too hard!  I thought it would be pretty straight forward, just needed a push in the right direction! 

Thanks, guys-  Ill give it a shot today!
j
True love is hard to find, sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddamn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com