Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: VPI HW 19 MKIII  (Read 2559 times)

Offline raymonda

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
VPI HW 19 MKIII
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
I'm just finishing this project up. I have reconditioned it by taking it all apart, cleaning and re-lubing. I stalled a Jelco 370 with an upgraded Jelco headshell. I also placed an SME adjustable, tone arm mounting plate, which makes this extremely flexible. This particular table is very clean and in nice shape. The thrust plate had absolutely no wear. I'm going to install a Benz ACE, when I get it back from Sound Smith. I can't wait to hear this when finished. However, I am going to post it in yard sale, if anyone is interested.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: VPI HW 19 MKIII
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 04:05:58 PM »
I have upgrade the clamp to a VPI delrin. I have also added a Music Hall Cruise Control 2., which should be here in a week or so. I'm spinning a Benz ACE Soundsmith sapphire low output on my TD 850, which will be going on this table as soon as my Benz Ruby 3 arrives next week.

I can't say enough about this Modded ACE. It sounds better than my Benz MO.09, which has now been sold, since the modded ACE topped it.

Further mods are going to add an acrylic bottom to the table and 3 point spikes with carbon pads.

I'll save new shots after the MHCC 2 arrives.

Offline raymonda

• Taperssection All-Star
Re: VPI HW 19 MKIII
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 11:13:26 PM »
The Cruise Control 2 made it in today and brought the table up from 33.1 to 33.3. I'm waiting on some nice cartridge leads to get in to transfer the modded ACE over and take this baby for a spin. I also have the new clamp coming any day and will be upgrading the power cord as soon as it, to, comes in. This table is wicked cool and built like a tank.

VPI could not make a table like this today at nearly this cost. I know they went in the direction of nonsuspended tables for other reasons but to make this quality today in a suspended table would bring the price of their Classic higher. I'm interested in hearing this platter, which is made of acrylic and lead, which seems like a nice combination.

I'll save new shots for when I have the last mods done.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com