Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Doubt on transferring  (Read 4828 times)

Offline EdBA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Doubt on transferring
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 10:12:18 PM »
Hmmm, then the only good thing of working on it is that I will be able to have it split on tracks. At least that's something.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 10:46:44 PM »
Second: is it normal that, after extracting the audio (of a song or a full show) from a Cd, some noises that were not in the original Cd appear in the wave on this new extraction?  The question leads me this way: if I want to fix a show (sound and/or splits) that is already on Cd, what is better to do?: to extract -or open- the audio from the Cd and work with the file or -this may sound dumb, sorry in advance!- copy the Cd on an audio tape and do the transfer from the tape to the computer?

Not normal.  Try Exact Audio Copy and configure it specifically for your hardware (web page has some tutorial links on setting it up properly).  If you have trouble performing DAE without artifacts, clean the disc, try a different CD reader, etc.  You're definitely better off performing DAE (digital audio extraction) and then editing, rather than copy to audio tape and transferring to computer.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline EdBA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2007, 11:05:59 PM »
Thanks Brian!, I will check this link. Is 2x a good speed to do the extraction?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com