Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AD2K Battery Issues  (Read 1782 times)

Offline dgale

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
AD2K Battery Issues
« on: June 18, 2005, 01:10:36 PM »
I bought a used AD2K here a little while back that came with the EcoCharge 12v battery and I've had a wierd problem with 2 out of the 3 times I've used it so far...I always re-charge the battery after every use and will top it off again before I use it if it's been a little while since it's last use.  Anyway, the first time I used it and again last night I've had the same problem (the second time I used it I had no problem) - when I first plug the AD2K in and turn it on, the low battery light on the AD2K is on and stays on for 5-10 minutes before the light goes out and the unit works fine.  Of course the first time I used it I was alarmed (it hadn't done this when I messed with it at my house when I first got it) and wondered if I hadn't charged it or the battery was old and lost it's charge easily but then after 5-10 minutes of head scratching the light went out and all was well for the night.  The same thing happened again last night.  Any ideas why this happens?  At this point I'm inclined to set up my gear and ingore it, assuming the light will go off after a little while but of course I don't want any surprises such as the day it doesn't go off or the unit dies 20 minutes into a show...
http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
Re: AD2K Battery Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 12:07:29 PM »
I bought a used AD2K here a little while back that came with the EcoCharge 12v battery and I've had a wierd problem with 2 out of the 3 times I've used it so far...I always re-charge the battery after every use and will top it off again before I use it if it's been a little while since it's last use.  Anyway, the first time I used it and again last night I've had the same problem (the second time I used it I had no problem) - when I first plug the AD2K in and turn it on, the low battery light on the AD2K is on and stays on for 5-10 minutes before the light goes out and the unit works fine.

Hi Dan!

This is a problem with the unit's power calibration. That unit belonged to me at one time and It is currently turned down as far as it will go. Benchmark had me open it up and adjust it, which helps, but it still has the wacky low power light. It doesn't affect anything, so at this point, you might as well ignore it. If it really bothers you, you might call Benchmark and they can tell you the pot to turn down (just in case it has moved), but my guess is you'll probably just have  to live with that oddity.  Another trick is to power cycle the unit a couple of times. That usually fixes it as well.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline dgale

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Los Lobos Tour Dates & Setlists
Re: AD2K Battery Issues
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:25:20 PM »
Thanks Wayne - I noticed that if I use it a few times in a row (such as this weekend when I taped three shows in a row) that it did not do this each subsequent time I powered it up.  Anyway, thanks for the input - I'll just ignore it as it seems to go out after a few minutes of sitting there when it does light up.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem with the battery reaching its life expectancy or something like that.

http://loslobos.setlist.com/

Mics: SKM140, CM300/CP-1/CP-2/CP-4
Pre/AD: SD MP-2, AD2K+, MiniMe, SBM-1
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Motu Traveler, Korg MR-2, DA-P1, D8, D7, DTR-80P, D5, D6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com