Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

DAT question???

(1/2) > >>

jcaledun:
I curently use a sony MD usually i patch using a CO2 w/ coax comming into it then optical into my MD.  sometimes i use my friends sennheiser's and mp-2 they sound good but i know i need to up grade to a DAT.  what would you guys sugest?

hippies:

--- Quote from: jcaledun on April 02, 2003, 02:37:03 PM ---I curently use a sony MD usually i patch using a CO2 w/ coax comming into it then optical into my MD.  sometimes i use my friends sennheiser's and mp-2 they sound good but i know i need to up grade to a DAT.  what would you guys sugest?

--- End quote ---

i really wouldn't get a DAT at this stage of the game.  serious HD recorders are right around the bend.  if i was just starting out, i'd get a Nomad JB3 instead.  record straight to .wav.  quick transfers to HD for burning to CDR via Firewire.  

really the way to go right now, and less than half the price of a DAT.  the best part?  no tapes!  scroll down in the Recording Gear section here where you just posted.  lots of good info about this very topic.

peace

~S  

jcaledun:
but what if i want a DAT?  which one then?

hippies:
my opinion?  Sony PCM-M1.   8)

nickgregory:
I would recommend the D100 if your getting a new one.  Two reasons, first you get this nifty remote with a new D100 that is very useful for stealthing....that if you bought an M1, it would cost you another $100 or so.  And also, the D100 is a non professional unit, meaning that if Sony still does flat rate repairs, the D100 qualifies, while the M1 does not.  Only reason I add the qualifier is because I have heard conflicting stories as to whether they still do flat rate.

Regardless, the remote is worth it IMHO.

Nick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version