Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Sony PCM-A10 (Part 2)

<< < (105/131) > >>

loughney:

--- Quote from: GNRrockslife on February 26, 2023, 12:09:41 PM ---I had a problem with my A10 last weekend while taping that I couldn't figure out my way around. While recording, it would continuously go into paused recording mode on it's own, recording and pausing sometimes every few seconds. I noticed it monitoring my recording via the iOS app. During the intermission I went out to check my A10 and sure enough it was constantly going into paused recording mode. The show to the point of the intermission was about 45-50 mins and I had roughly 100 different files during that time - in some instances up to six in the same minute. If I started the recording directly on my A10 same result, if I unplugged the rest of my gear and went with the internal mics same result, nothing seemed to fix it. Battery was fully charged at the start of the night and I had about 12 hours of recording time available on the internal memory.

Anybody seen a problem like this before? I've had my A10 for almost 18 months and it's been nothing but smooth sailing so far. I'm particularly disappointed this happened when it did, as it was a special one-off show the artist did with a local orchestra.

--- End quote ---
I had a problem like that on my Tascam DR-07x. There was an auto recording mode, where the recorder would start / stop if the volume went below a certain level. I'd have to look at my A10 to see if there is a setting like that.

Ozpeter:

[/quote]I had a problem like that on my Tascam DR-07x. There was an auto recording mode, where the recorder would start / stop if the volume went below a certain level. I'd have to look at my A10 to see if there is a setting like that.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have thought of that but is does seem highly likely!

nulldogmas:

--- Quote from: Ozpeter on February 27, 2023, 06:01:03 AM ---

--- End quote ---
I had a problem like that on my Tascam DR-07x. There was an auto recording mode, where the recorder would start / stop if the volume went below a certain level. I'd have to look at my A10 to see if there is a setting like that.
[/quote]

I wouldn't have thought of that but is does seem highly likely!
[/quote]

Yep, great catch. GNRrockslife, looks you should check to see if you accidentally turned on the VOR function:

https://helpguide.sony.net/icd/pcma10/v1/en2/contents/TP0001668792.html

GNRrockslife:
Thanks for the suggestions. I just checked my settings and VOR is still off. However my A10 seems fine right now, iI just let it run as a test for about 10 minutes and it recorded the whole time  ???

nxb:
My trusty old M10 has finally died so I've got an A10 on order, arriving Wednesday.

I've been using the M10 with CA-14 Cards mic-in for a long time now with good results, would I be able to use the CA-14 cards in mic-in with the A10 and still get good results?

I've also got a new CA-9200 preamp, would it be better to use the pre amp and audio in?

I tape exclusively stealth and in small venues up to about 400 capacity max.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version