Gear / Technical Help > Recording Media

SanDisk "High Endurance" microSD

(1/2) > >>

voltronic:
I recently picked up a couple of these cards to use in my IP camera and my Pi-Hole network device.  They are supposedly made to be more reliable than standard cards under heavy, continuous use.  So far, so good.

heathen:
Did you choose these because you were having problems with the regular microSD cards, or just to try them out?

EmRR:
I wonder if those are designed more for use in remote outdoor cameras, etc?   I suppose I could go read.....

voltronic:

--- Quote from: heathen on June 17, 2020, 12:46:32 PM ---Did you choose these because you were having problems with the regular microSD cards, or just to try them out?

--- End quote ---

I wasn't really having problems; it was more to try out since I needed another card for my new camera.  Since the pi-hole is having its card used all the time when anything uses the network, I figured it would be a good candidate also.

voltronic:

--- Quote from: EmRR on June 17, 2020, 12:57:36 PM ---I wonder if those are designed more for use in remote outdoor cameras, etc?   I suppose I could go read.....

--- End quote ---

It could just all be marketing, but the price is nearly the same as the regular ones.  These seem to be directed toward things like dash cams that record all the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version