Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

shockmount options

<< < (2/5) > >>

page:

--- Quote from: Chuck on March 29, 2011, 04:38:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: DigiGal on March 19, 2011, 07:08:43 PM ---and most durable shocks per dollar.

--- End quote ---

Are they durable? I have not had one in my hands.
To me, it looks like it would be easy to break the clips or the support structure under them easily.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't be worried about the clips (they are replaceable too). Its where they screw in that I'd have some worries on, and the hinge where the clip plate joins the threaded hole and tie off.

John Willett:

--- Quote from: DigiGal on March 19, 2011, 07:08:43 PM ---and most durable shocks per dollar.

--- End quote ---

To me, it looks like it would be easy to break the clips or the support structure under them easily.

--- End quote ---

The Rycote are the best and most durable around.

I have now ditched all my shock mounts and gone over to Rycote for everything.

You can put a Rycote on the floor, jump up and down on it, turn the Lyre inside out and tie it in knots.

No harm is done and it all returns to its normal shape.

They are perfect - and much much cheaper - and much better than the manufacturer originals.

I would use nothing else, whatever the mic.

(And, yes, I use the Rycote on my Neumanns as they are better than the Neumann suspensions).

F.O.Bean:

--- Quote from: John Willett on June 02, 2011, 10:50:45 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The Rycote are the best and most durable around.

I have now ditched all my shock mounts and gone over to Rycote for everything.

You can put a Rycote on the floor, jump up and down on it, turn the Lyre inside out and tie it in knots.

No harm is done and it all returns to its normal shape.

They are perfect - and much much cheaper - and much better than the manufacturer originals.

I would use nothing else, whatever the mic.

(And, yes, I use the Rycote on my Neumanns as they are better than the Neumann suspensions).

--- End quote ---

Really? I might have to check them out then, John! They def look sweet.

Rockinman59:
What's the difference between the INV-6 and INV-7?   Also both mention having a 3/8" thread adapter, so will that screw onto my Shure A27M vert bar and can these Rycotes adjust in different directions.  I just can't picture where the thread adapter is positioned on the shockmounts.

Thanks!

DigiGal:

--- Quote from: Rockinman59 on July 15, 2011, 07:26:11 PM ---What's the difference between the INV-6 and INV-7?   Also both mention having a 3/8" thread adapter, so will that screw onto my Shure A27M vert bar and can these Rycotes adjust in different directions.  I just can't picture where the thread adapter is positioned on the shockmounts.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

The INV-7 has a longer bar length which can be set up as either the same length of a INV-6 or furthur apart as supplied to accommodate longer mics.

Basically, unless you need lowest profile the INV-7 is more versatile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version