Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone know of a portable Compact Flash card reader?  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Jamos

• Trade Count: (61)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Anyone know of a portable Compact Flash card reader?
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:06:35 AM »
I have a really small, SD card reader that has a built-in USB jack, so no cables are needed...
you can plug it directly into a USB port, and it's actually pretty handy as a portable flash drive.

Anyway, does anyone know of a similar device for compact flash cards?

???

Offline bonghitwillie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Anyone know of a portable Compact Flash card reader?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:03:26 AM »
ativa 7-35854-88724-7  i got it at office depot a couple of months ago.  i think it was between $5-$10 on sale.

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 07:02:36 AM »
The Media Gear Xtradrive MGXC-100 is about as simple as they come.  This model is discontinued, but you can still find it in some Wal-Mart and Office Depot stores. Price is less than $3 if you can find it at Wal-Mart. 

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6486863

It only takes two seconds to pop the Xtradrive open and insert your Compactflash card.  Close the top and you're ready to insert into a USB port.  It works with Mac and PC.

The disadvantage of the MGXC-100 (if you can find it) is that it's USB 1.1, limited to 11 mb/second.  There's a newer model MGXC-200 that's compatible with USB 2.0, 54 mb/second.  You can purchase it directly from Media Gear for $10 here

http://tinyurl.com/287g7n

Flintstone

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 01:35:34 PM »
all the card readers I have seen are portable and pocket size. You just plug the USB cable into your computer and the device to the other end.
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.133 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com