Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tagging WAVS/FLACS w/ FLAC Frontend....Cant figure out how to add a track number  (Read 1860 times)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
OK guys, here goes. I have been SLOWLY starting to realize the sweetness of tagging my files :) I ONLY listen thru my PC>Foobar 2k>Audiophile 2496>JVC Receiver. Well, instead of actually "tagging" the files, I simply put the track titles at the end of my files like so:

jazzam2008-04-19.ka500.603a.722.d1.t02_high_times    etc.

Well, I still plan on naming my files exactly the same way, BUT I would also like to tag my files for easier playback in fb2k to see which songs are which. Dont get me wrong, since I add the song title to the end of ALL of my filenames, I really dont NEED to tag the files, but I figure it will benefit others as well since most of my shows are d/l'd a few thousand times at the very least. I also figure it will help my Zune for better file management, It is nice uploading my shows to teh LMA tho. Since we cann add all of that info when checking in our uploads to their server, once the recordings are checked in and public and all derivitives are made, I simply d/l the VBR mp3 version of my OWN recordings and load onbto the Zune, and BAM. All songs are tagged and they load onto my Zune BEAUTIFULLY :) Even my segue indicators(>>>) are tagged and on my Zune, just like I was looking at my text file, which I find to be AWESOME :) I am still new to this whole mp3 world we now live in, and I think its just FABULOUS that I can d/l my OWN recording off of a website like the LMA, AND the files are already tagged and load onto my Zune so nicely ;D 8) I am also doing it for the MILLIONS of other people who d/l my shows off of the LMA, and just to make not only mine, but everyone elses lives easier that d/l shows, ince 99% of people(including myself) listen to their music on mp3 players. Thats the ONLY other way I listen to music when Im not at home and want to listen thru my PC.

Well, I have figured out how to tag in FLAC Frontend's tagger, but I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME, figure out how to tag them AND have the track number also tagged. All that is displayed is the band, and album info(you know, the date/venue/city/state) but just cant figure out how to make frontend's tagger display and tag the track number ??? I have tried to do it w/ the "custom" option, and also the "automatic" option ???

If anyone could PLEASE help em figure that one out, Id be GREATLY INDEBTED to whomever can help em out 8)

I also dont want it to display disc number, but a number for teh WHOLE show. Meaning if there are 2 discs and 7 tracks on each disc, I want the tagger to display 14 tracks, not d1t01>t07, and then disc 2t01>t07. But at this point, eitehr option would work. I just want SOME KIND of track number listed once tagged. Like I said, I listen thru FooBar 2000>Audiophile 2496, if that has anything to do with it.

I have tried to use fb2k to tag them w/ their Live Show Tagger, but once I copy the tradershelper.dll plugin to foobar 2k's components folder, and then try to open fb2k, it says there is an error, and that it cant open the tradershelper.dll pluygin file. So I've given up on that. I thought that traders little helper had a tagger, but upon reviewing that program, it does not. I also tried the tag and rename I have also seen listed on these forums, and that looks like another frickin language to me :P I did try it on Pink Floy'd Dark Side Of The Moon, since I just EAC'd and FLAC'd that disc, but thatw as a no-go. I dunno what I did wrong w/ that program ???

Bottom line is, I ndont want any suggestions for any otehr programs BUT a way to tag the track info in FLAC FRONTEND. Im not interested in using ANY other programs to tag, as long as it is possible to add a track number from the filename w/ frontend. Im 99.99% sure that FLAC Frontend DOES add a track number from the filename when tagging. I donts ee why it wouldnt.

So once again, since I ALREADY use FLAC FRONTEND to encode ALL of my audio files, and I always have, and ALWAYS will, so PLEASE, no suggestions to use anything else, justa s long as its possible to add a track number in FRONTEND!

So, WTF am I doing wrong in FLAC FRONTEND ??? I SWEAR I have, in the past, added a track number when adding tags in frontend, but I'll be GODDAMN if I can figure it out right now when I actually NEED to process a fileset, and cant get the tags just the way I want them :P :'( If only traders little helper could do tagging, it really would be the SHIZNIT 8) But I'm still scared of using a program like that that does EVERYTHING, since I have been using the same programs for YEARS, and I am stubborn about using something different. Thats why I still use FLAC FRONTEND to encode my audio files :P I like being able to SEE the info that frontend shows you while encoding, and actually SAYS that the files are verified correctly, and all of that jazz :) Call me stubborn, but IMO if it aint broke, then dont fix it ;)

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED 8) And I hope this can be answered soon before I go to work for teh day, because Ive got a decent amount of files that need encoding and Id LOVE to start them before I leave for work ;)

Bean
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com