Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MAC and Apple TV  (Read 1609 times)

Offline phreshie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
MAC and Apple TV
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:47:40 PM »
Lets see if anyone can help me here. So I use iTunes to store my WAV's and I use AppleTV to stream my audio files to my stereo. I have used my P2 to create wav files, loaded them into iTunes and AppleTV can stream them ...... but the latest tape I made Ive had problems streaming to ATV. I loaded the files in iTunes - Those files play in my laptop but not on ATV ..... why ?
These files were not created with my P2 but with a 722. The files show up as WAV's ...... an they do play in iTunes on the lappy. But AppleTV says it cannot play this file at this time ...... WTF ? I called Apple since Im not totally happy with the Atv, I stumped the kid as he couldnt help me. He told me to delete the files in iTunes and create the path again, which I did to no avail. Ive unplugged the Atv numerous times restarted both units multiple times ...... I since have deleted the files in the folders re-created them with the CF card but still the iTunes plays them but Atv won't.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Retired.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MAC and Apple TV
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
what bitrate and sample rate?

Offline phreshie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:36 AM »
I'm assuming that he ran his 722 @ 24/48 but that is the only thing that I could think of that would be different from the files I make on the P2. I'll send the taper an IM and ask if he ran it at something different, could this effect the stream ? why will iTunes play it ? tx Scott I value your opinion.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:26:24 AM by phreshie »
Retired.

Offline JackoRoses

• lost cause
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
could it be the file is like a .bwf but with a .wav extension?
basically the app doesn't know how to handle the extra header info .
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline phreshie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »
the files from the 722 are listed as T14.WAV T15.WAV etc .... i dont see the .bwf anywhere.
Retired.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:28:19 AM »
you're playing the files wirelessly to the apple tv?

can itunes stream 24/96 ? itunes wireless streaming is done via apple lossless format (everything is converted to apple lossless on the fly).  maybe it doesn't like 24/96 files

Offline phreshie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »
Thats why I mentioned that the P2 has recorded files as 24/96 and 24/48 and those files all stream no problem.
Yes they go wireless to the ATV thru the iTunes interface.
I had asked this question before if iTunes converts on the fly, so you think even though its a WAV file @ 24 or 16 that it is still converting it to Apple Lossless before streaming ?  (is this AIFF ?) bummer - I figured its playing the 24 or 16bit WAV file and NOT converting. Confusing.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 11:31:47 AM by phreshie »
Retired.

Offline scb

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 12:06:35 PM »
Apple Lossless

no bummer.  it's the same audio, it's just a smaller size (like a flac file) when streaming

Offline keytohwy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 11:29:47 PM »
Would you be willing to post a file I could try?  I have iTunes/AppleTV setup....

keytohwy

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com