Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: will nak cm300's work with a m10 recorder?  (Read 5493 times)

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: will nak cm300's work with a m10 recorder?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 11:04:07 AM »
Really just need some thing small that can handle high spl, even one mic would problably be good for now. I don't know if stereo matters that much if your right in front of the PA speakers?

Unless you are somehow so near the speaker and the music is so loud that all room ambiance is drowned out by the music (and I don't even know if this is possible), stereo mics will sound noticeably better. Having the room ambiance & crowd noises in stereo makes the recording sound more natural.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 01:38:22 PM »
"Document Not Found"

I guess it's restricted to Micbuilders group members...

Try this, http://www.twin-x.com/groupdiy/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=0

Roger

Offline SHINN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 03:20:57 PM »
I guess your right about stereo being a lot better. My reasoning was one really good sounding mike would be better then two crappy ones for a stealthy set up. Then maybe some stereo reverb or something could be added later.

Back to chopping the naks...does anyone ever need the low cut switch on the mics, or is it better to equalize the bass if needed? I'm pretty sure the low cut is never needed when using the cardio caps, but was wondering about with the omnis?

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (149)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2011, 05:49:44 AM »
I never found not having the low cut a problem when I had chopped Naks.

I guess your right about stereo being a lot better. My reasoning was one really good sounding mike would be better then two crappy ones for a stealthy set up. Then maybe some stereo reverb or something could be added later.

Back to chopping the naks...does anyone ever need the low cut switch on the mics, or is it better to equalize the bass if needed? I'm pretty sure the low cut is never needed when using the cardio caps, but was wondering about with the omnis?
Mics: DPA ST4011ER & 4018ER | Neumann kk 184 (matched)> Nbob/PFA
Preamps: DPA MMA 6000 | Audioroot Femto
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre-10 II | Sony PCM A10

-20        -12         -6        TDS   (32/48)     
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][}   
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]][} 
|Record|  Runtime: 4:19.99  {|||] 75%

Offline Roger Gustavsson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2011, 06:56:26 AM »
I have never done a recording via a PA system. Normal recording with the cardiod capsules, CP-1, sounds a bit thin - no need for low cut! Here some measurements:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133105.0;attach=98034

http://taperssection.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=133105.0;attach=98035

An omni measures flat in the bass, I think the method used is not very accurate. A cardiod have a distance dependent frequency response. The CP-1 is flat at perhaps 30-50 cm, further away it is more like in the document. My recordings of acoustic intruments always calls for some equalizing, a bass lift.

You can hear the difference between the various capsules here, http://www.coutant.org/nakamich/index.html

Roger
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:37:37 AM by Roger Gustavsson »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.222 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com