Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping without a taping ticket?  (Read 1902 times)

colinw

• Trade Count: (0)
Taping without a taping ticket?
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »
Hi everyone -  I am heading to a couple of taper friendly bands soon - Gov't Mule and Trey Anastasio. I don't have taper seats, and I am curious how others have handled this. Should I bring a stealth rig and tape from my seat, or patch out of someone in the section? What is the etiquette for these kinds of situations? My modest CA14 rig can't compare to the higher end rigs sure to be at both of these shows, but I don't know if it is OK with the band/venue to run my rig from my seat, not using a mic stand or anything, just a personal souvenir.

How is taping gear usually handled at these events? Do you think there will be issues getting a small rig in without taper tickets?

Offline eman

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Return of the Shredi
Re: Taping without a taping ticket?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
I'd say both of these shows will probably be recorded and posted in excellent quality. Patching doesn't have as much purpose these days as you will be able to get the shows pretty quick anyway and let someone else do the work to boot. You are probably going to know the venue better than any random on here, so make the call yourself as to whether to try to openly bring in gear. With taper tickets in play security could well have orders to demand a taper ticket. You never know, do you? We are all making educated guesses all the time, and using the force. Best bet try to meet up before hand with someone who has taper tix and have them haul your small rig in for you. Try your local team board under "Team Boards". Make friends. Join the Team.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 03:18:42 PM by eman »
Theologically speaking, the two parties have divided the Seven Deadly Sins as follows: Republicans oppose lust, sloth and envy; Democrats scorn gluttony, greed, wrath and pride. Little progress is reported. -Gene Lyons

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com