Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sonosax SX-M2D2 Coming...  (Read 75158 times)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sonosax SX-M2D2 Coming...
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2019, 09:15:11 AM »
wow, I never considered the usb.

Does anyone think we might be able to get it to work with the mixpre6 via usb?

USB Audio is listed as one of the various inputs on the mixpre6 spec sheet.

Can you provide a link?

I do see it support 4 channels in on USB audio in when connected to a Windows Computer with downloadable ASIO drivers (MAC OS usually handles this natively) - it doesn't specifically say you can us the mixpre as a master device for Audio purposes

I went ahead and asked support if the mixpre can take a USB signal (such as from the USBPre2) - I will post response here once I get it.

FWIW - I am reading is that all USB Audio Class 2 devices support Asynchronous USB and that the Sound Device products are class 2.  To be able to transfer above 24/96 2 channel class 2 is required.

Exert from the mixpre DL page:

https://www.sounddevices.com/product/mixpre-6/#tab-content-downloads

"An ASIO[/size]®[/color][/size] [/color][/size]driver (v) for the MixPre Series by Ploytec is now available for download.[/color][/size]With USB Audio Class 1 devices — that is, Windows-based computers without an ASIO driver — the MixPre Series audio recorders are capable of sending two channels of audio (L, R) and receiving two channels of audio via USB to/from the computer.[/color]
[/size]This software driver adds ASIO support in Windows OS for the MixPre-6 and/or MixPre-3. With the ASIO driver installed, Windows-based computers become USB Audio Class 2 devices, which means the MixPre-6 can send eight channels (1-6, L, R) to the computer and receive four channels from the computer via USB, while the MixPre-3 can send five in and receive two out. The ASIO driver for the MixPre Series allows for low-latency operation and max sample rate for USB audio up to 96 kHz on Windows computers. This driver supports Windows 7 and later, both 32- and 64-bit versions."[/color]

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2019, 09:23:08 AM »
As far as devices go that can take aes. i intend on using it on my old 744t . it takes aes in on all four channels and i already have an Audio root Upre mk 11 that i use aes in . This will
give me four channels of aes in . I was going to buy another Audio root Upre mk 11 . but it appears they are not making anymore of them. Plus if this can work with an Android thats
going to be another tool in the arsenal. All of these use a Hirose to power these boxes and deck so a distribution box for power is in the cards.

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2019, 11:04:16 AM »
unless its asynchronous the usb signal will almost certainly be a compromise relative to spdif in terms of jitter

I would be very surprised if it is not an asynchronous usb signal.    I haven't seen a USB audio product in years that is not asynchronous and would think Sonosax of all companies would think of this design limitation.

they dont advertise it as such. its advertised as "USB 2.0" which doesnt tell us anything as it can be adaptive or asynchronous. Dont assume that just because they make great audio hardware, that they make great computer interfaces.

Well don't assume the opposite - Other usb devices on the market such as the SD MixPre and USBPre2 series don't advertise as supporting asynchronous USB either - should we assume it is unacceptable to use them as USB interfaces as well?
I never said it was unacceptable, I said it was a compromise in design, Which we see all the time with portable gear
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2019, 11:07:38 AM »
I’m not sure if class two designs necessarily use asynchronous. I know that class ones certainly cannot. But it does not necessarily mean in class two USB is always asynchronous, It really comes down to whether the device has its own clock or not and utilizes it, again that’s my take but it seems like most of us are speculating
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline H₂O

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2019, 01:12:14 PM »
From SD about feeding the MixPre-3/6/10 a USB audio signal such as from the USBPre2 or M2D2:

Thank you for contacting Sound Devices. If you are asking if the MixPre series can input audio via the USB-A or C connection from another USB audio device connection the answer is it does not support that feature. [/size]The USB-A on the MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 is for external controllers and keyboards and the MixPre-10T USB-A connection can also be used for thumbdrive data transfer. The only time audio can be input via USB-C is while the MixPre is being used as an audio interface with a PC or Mac computer, but not from another USB device connection.
[/color]

You cannot connect a USB Audio device directly to the MixPre...
LMA Recordings

List

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2019, 09:18:09 AM »
I asked Trew Audio to reach out to Sonosax to inquire about the availability date for the SX-M2D2 and I received this reply yesterday:

"Not available till August, Maybe a little later......"

:lol:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 10:01:24 AM by dactylus »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline justme

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2019, 04:51:28 AM »
The SX-M2D2 is still coming…

Sonosax say it should be available from November.
https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/09/15/sonosax-sx-m2d2-audio-interface-a-swiss-army-knife-for-on-camera-audio/

Offline H₂O

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2019, 02:58:28 PM »
There is a 15% discount if you order one directly from Sonosax right now
LMA Recordings

List

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2019, 04:21:48 PM »
Would be a cool set up with the new CMC1 mic bodies with some XLR to mini xlr cables

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2019, 06:44:15 PM »

I wonder if the Sound Devices release of their new MixPre series killed this Sonosax pre?

lol i read this and thought it was from the last week

lap'd

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
The SX-M2D2 is still coming…

Sonosax say it should be available from November.
https://www.newsshooter.com/2019/09/15/sonosax-sx-m2d2-audio-interface-a-swiss-army-knife-for-on-camera-audio/

i see it but there is no link for payment or cost . i maybe missing something ? i sent them an email .

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »

link for purchase ?

Offline H₂O

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2019, 07:42:53 PM »

link for purchase ?

See:
https://www.sonosax.ch/sononews-september-2019/

You will probably need to call them in Switzerland and order by phone.
https://www.sonosax.ch/contact/
LMA Recordings

List

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »
ive had an T-mod HDP2 for a looooong time. this might be my next go to.

akg c426 >channel box>sx-m2d2 >iphone would be pretty slick

AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2019, 08:13:33 PM »
I’m curious what the headphone out will be like. Given the interface functionality, it’d be great to size down my headphone monitoring setup and also have this be part of a field rig.
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com