Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Favorite cloud storage?  (Read 2595 times)

Offline ScottT

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
Favorite cloud storage?
« on: March 23, 2018, 11:01:30 PM »
I'm updating a couple of computers and realizing it would be useful to have a cloud-based backup solution.  Sharing files across my devices would be much easier, in addition to the obvious disaster recovery benefits. 

I'm already in the Google landscape and their offer of 1TB of storage for $9.99 per month seems reasonable.  Just curious what others are using and what pros/cons I might not be considering.
Mics: Schoeps mk22, mk41, mk8, ADK TLs
Pres: V2, Busman-mod UA5
Recorders: Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-70d, Tascam DR-07

"Push out the jive. Bring in the love." - C.M. Burns

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
Re: Favorite cloud storage?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 08:04:35 AM »
I'm using Backblaze, which is $5 per month per computer (including attached external drives) for unlimited data. Doesn't help with sharing files across devices, but it works great for backup and recovery.

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 08:07:48 AM »
I'm using Backblaze, which is $5 per month per computer (including attached external drives) for unlimited data. Doesn't help with sharing files across devices, but it works great for backup and recovery.

Actually just noticed that Backblaze offers a sharing service, B2, for an additional cost ($0.005/GB/month for storage, $0.01/GB for downloads). I haven't tried it myself, so can't vouch for how well it works.

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 08:59:02 AM »
I've been using DropBox for a few years now.  I like it a lot, but its not a real back-up solution.  Its just a way to store and share lots of data.  I do like that I can set it to save the pix from my phone automatically, and that I have a copy on a physical drive here at home and not just out there on a cloud.

I also started using BackBlaze a couple of months ago.  Seems fine.  My purpose is to back up my PH FLAC collection, and (knock on wood) I haven't had to use it yet.

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 09:30:29 AM »
I've been using DropBox for a few years now.  I like it a lot, but its not a real back-up solution.  Its just a way to store and share lots of data.

This!  I have to explain to clients all the time that dropbox, drive etc are not true backups!  Reason number one being ransomware.  If you are hit and your cloud files are infected you have to restore old versions file by file.  No way to restore all at once.  With a true cloud backup you can restore all files from previous versions. 
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com