Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope Rx 7  (Read 54198 times)

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: iZotope Rx 7
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2020, 09:51:24 PM »

I sprang for RX7 standard today so I have some work to do on some of my older master tapes that really suffered from a lack of experience when I first got started.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2020, 10:40:31 PM »
I was ripping a CD tonight, and a bit of the last track on the disk had a slight "tic - tic - tic - tic" to it, from a pit or scratch or something.

I used a couple of passes of RX7's "De-click > Fix Discontinuous Waveform" on the offending minute or so, and also a pass of "De-Click > Periodic Clicks" to repair the section.

I'm finding all sorts of neat things Standard can do.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2020, 08:22:46 AM »
Any interest in building a searchable iZotope Wiki?
A possible goal would be a roll-out into a "self-published" eBook on Amazon with the proceeds funding Tapersection com.

Find a solution, document it, post it
Need a solution? Request it

"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2020, 04:15:48 PM »
RX8 is out now, but it doesn't look like it gives us anything we would use more than RX7 did.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline colargol

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2020, 02:28:03 AM »
RX8 is out now, but it doesn't look like it gives us anything we would use more than RX7 did.

I read that they had made improvements in the separation algorhitms for the music rebalance function. Not sure if it is worth an upgrade though. I've been using that quite a bit in rx7, mostly to get the vocals up...
MK4s/MK41s > nbob actives > tinybox/babynbox > M10/A10

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #140 on: September 04, 2020, 10:08:41 AM »

I read that they had made improvements in the separation algorhitms for the music rebalance function. Not sure if it is worth an upgrade though. I've been using that quite a bit in rx7, mostly to get the vocals up...

I'd be very curious about this.  Initially I was enormously impressed by the ability of Rebalance to bring up voices, it works great on short sections.  But I found that longer sections led to ear fatigue, something was not quite right.  If this is "fixed" to some extent it might be worth the upgrade for me.

Jeff

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2020, 10:37:45 AM »
there was a freeware package that did rebalance on par with izotope RX7. i cant remember where i saw it, though. maybe its mentioned in this thread
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 03:22:32 PM by jerryfreak »
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2020, 01:13:32 PM »

I'd be very curious about this.  Initially I was enormously impressed by the ability of Rebalance to bring up voices, it works great on short sections.  But I found that longer sections led to ear fatigue, something was not quite right.  If this is "fixed" to some extent it might be worth the upgrade for me.

Jeff

==================
Recently I added Ozone 9 Advanced to my RX 7 Standard and noticed an improvement in the Ozone Music Rebalance module over RX 7's. The difference isn't major major but enough so that I've relied on it more in Ozone 9. The only part of Rebalance missing in Ozone 9 over both RX 7 and 8 is "Other".

Based on these posts, I checked out the feature page for RX 8 (I didn't even know it was out) and for my pedestrian usage of RX, I think one of the biggest improvements would be the Horizontal Scrolling. That would be a huge improvement in maneuvering when you're really zoomed in working in the Spectrograph view.

The other new features look like they would be good for folks doing podcasts or converting tapes to digital.

But since it doesn't look like we have any concerts coming up for the foreseeable future and all I'm doing is going back and seeing what I can improve with shows recorded in the past, I'm happy with RX 7 Standard and Ozone 9 Advanced.

Offline hoserama

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2020, 02:14:00 PM »
I ran some comps on the rebalancer. I found the RX8 set at "best" was much more consistent on pulling the desired stem. However, it took a LONG time to process. Very much a dial in and let it run overnight, but I was impressed with the improvements.
Audio: Countryman B3 + AT853(hypers/cards/subcards) + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: TE TX-6, Zoom L20R, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (3) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2020, 01:35:46 PM »
Anybody know of a way to join multiple files into one single file in RX7? I'm looking for something similar to "Open Append" in Audition.

Offline colargol

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2020, 02:29:07 AM »
I ran some comps on the rebalancer. I found the RX8 set at "best" was much more consistent on pulling the desired stem. However, it took a LONG time to process. Very much a dial in and let it run overnight, but I was impressed with the improvements.

I tried rx8 standard rebalancing on an old recording last night. I adjusted vocals up, bass and percussion down a bit. Rendering on setting best for the approx 60 min recording took about 2 hours on my 2018 macbook pro which is pretty well spec'd. So they have definitely made some changes since rx7. The result, however, seems to be well worth the wait... The track separation seems quite a bit more precise. I am looking forward to testing this on some more old recordings  :)

Offline checht

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's meet at alternate foods at the break
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2020, 07:28:25 PM »
Working on Van Morrision @ the Greek 1986, km84i's > D5 FOB DFC. Tested out vocal isolation on rx7 std. vs demo version of 8. The difference is significant.
Samples below.
Thinking I'm about to upgrade...
Schoeps MK41 x 2, MK22 x 2; Vanguard V1s matched pair; Niaint x8
Schoeps kcy5, nbob actives
Naiant PFA 60v, PFA 48v, IPA
Sound Devices MP-6II; Sony PCM-A10

Recordings at LMA

Offline colargol

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #147 on: October 01, 2020, 01:48:02 AM »
Working on Van Morrision @ the Greek 1986, km84i's > D5 FOB DFC. Tested out vocal isolation on rx7 std. vs demo version of 8. The difference is significant.
Samples below.

Having used 8 for a little while now, I've got to say that horizontal scrolling is so nice! I hadn't expect it to make such a difference, but it does :)

Offline DavidPuddy

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If it's too loud, turn it down.
« Reply #148 on: October 01, 2020, 02:41:36 AM »
Samples below.

That is certainly way better than anything I was able to do with RX7. Nice job.
Mics: mk4v/mk41v/mk22 > CMC1L/Nbobs, 4061, MKE2
Preamps: Mixpre-D, Nbox Platinum ABS
Recorders: Mixpre-6 ii, PCM-A10

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2020, 01:21:05 PM »
Samples below.

:o

Thanks for the comp.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com