Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 3.5mm Mic PreAmp and/or Battery Box for iPhone (Lightining)??  (Read 4575 times)

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Is there any small preamp/battery box available for iPhone recording? We have Shure Mics, and other options for XLR's and the Microdot DPA pre, anything else? I would love to downsize and use small mics with a lowprofile iPhone interface...

Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline one8ung

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Mics: Countryman B3 - DPA 4061

Power: CA-UBB

Recorders: Tascam DR-2d (4x)

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
Re: 3.5mm Mic PreAmp and/or Battery Box for iPhone (Lightining)??
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 04:26:06 PM »
I should probably clarify...I want something like a stereo 3.5mm input > tiny preamp (like a CA Ugly) > Lightining. Or a line level 3.5mm input to lightining and I can use my own mics/pre before that stage.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 07:15:08 PM »
I should probably clarify...I want something like a stereo 3.5mm input > tiny preamp (like a CA Ugly) > Lightining. Or a line level 3.5mm input to lightining and I can use my own mics/pre before that stage.

The lightning port accepts digital data not analog. I am not aware of any preamps that output digital data via lightning except for the D:Vice for DPAs (I'm nit even sure I would call it a preamp either). The primary way you can get want you want is to use a sonicport a/d. This has a 1/8" stereo line in and outputs to lightning. The device linked above looks like another way to do it.
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 11:41:43 AM »

The lightning port accepts digital data not analog. I am not aware of any preamps that output digital data via lightning except for the D:Vice for DPAs (I'm nit even sure I would call it a preamp either). The primary way you can get want you want is to use a sonicport a/d. This has a 1/8" stereo line in and outputs to lightning. The device linked above looks like another way to do it.

That Sonicport looks to do what I want. Thanks

Offline tnelson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 04:05:50 PM »
There are other compact class-compliant audio interfaces that can convert analog 3.5mm stereo to digital Lightning input (iPhone or iPad), although not as pocketable as that Sonicport. I use a MOTU Microbook IIc interface for gigs, usually with laptop, keyboard, etc.  However, I have also used it as stereo or multi-track recorder to my iPhone running AUM as mixer/recorder. It can simultaneously record 1/8" stereo mic input, plus one phantom-powered mic, plus one line-level input plus whatever sound-generating app(s) I have running on the iPhone, each recorded into separate WAV files.  To do all of these inputs with iPhone alone, it requires powering the interface, since the iPhone cannot provide enough power (the laptop can, of course). The MOTU Microbook is a little bigger than the iPhone, but still makes for a very compact rig, with excellent A/D and D/A converters. Easy to export the WAV files from AUM to stack in your multi-tracking audio application of choice. The Microbook also has a headphone out, so you can monitor as you record. AUM allows you to create a mix buss for headphone out, as well as controlling record levels of all of the inputs, adding effects, limiter, EQ, etc.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com