Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mic (or stereo bar) Weight and Rycote INV-7  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Twenty8

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Heading for a better thesis
Mic (or stereo bar) Weight and Rycote INV-7
« on: April 25, 2019, 04:19:56 PM »
There is plenty of info on Rycote Shock Mounts using the search tools on the board.

My question is a little more specific, but can be answered if you know how much your mics or SRS set-up weighs.

I would like to start by getting individual mic mounts before getting an SRS bar.
Line Audio CM3 and OM1s are easy to figure out.  They weight 30g each.  I need the 62 shore hardness due to those mics being VERY light. 
I have a question about two other mics and their weights.

Sennheiser e614 weighs 73g
AT3031 weighs 112g.

Anyone have info on how much their mics have weighed while selecting Rycote Single Lyre Mounts like the INV-7 ?
My assumption would be shore hardness of 72.
Open/Closed ~ AT U853 (subc, h, c, o):
Decks ~ MixPre 6ii, A10, M10
Pres ~ 2x Oade mod UA-5 (W+, ACM+)
Also ~ Line Audio CM3/CM4/OM1 : AT3031 : AT831 : DR2D

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Mic (or stereo bar) Weight and Rycote INV-7
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 09:06:25 PM »
62 shore single lyres are an absolute must for CM3 and OM1.  When running my CM3s in an SRS bar, I use a pair of 72-shore lyres.

As always, proper cable dressing with a strain relief loop is very important to avoid cable-transmitted vibration.

For the other mics listed, I wouldn't go past the 72-shore lyres.  Some people here may recommend the Duo-Lyres, but I advise against them for all but very heavy mic setups.  They are designed for heavy shotgun mics with windscreens on a boom.

Thread for reference:
https://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=180990.msg2217624#msg2217624
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:54:49 PM »
62 shore single lyres are an absolute must for CM3 and OM1.  When running my CM3s in an SRS bar, I use a pair of 72-shore lyres.

As always, proper cable dressing with a strain relief loop is very important to avoid cable-transmitted vibration.

For the other mics listed, I wouldn't go past the 72-shore lyres.  Some people here may recommend the Duo-Lyres, but I advise against them for all but very heavy mic setups.  They are designed for heavy shotgun mics with windscreens on a boom.

Thread for reference:

Every time I've wondered about what sort of lyres I need, I refer back to voltronic's posts about it.  This guy knows his stuff!
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Online voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 08:06:23 AM »

Thread for reference:

Every time I've wondered about what sort of lyres I need, I refer back to voltronic's posts about it.  This guy knows his stuff!

Thanks, but all I did was ask the right people who pointed me to the other right people.  I had bought a 68-shore Duo-Lyre to use with an SRS bar for my CM3s, and was shocked at how very stiff it was.  I already was in contact with John Willett, an extremely nice and helpful guy, who is the UK distributor for Rycote and several other prominent audio brands.  When I was having difficulty figuring out this whole single Lyre vs. Duo-Lyre situation, he directed me to Simon Davies, one of the executive directors at Rycote.  He was also extremely helpful, and we had a pleasant email exchange as you see detailed in the linked thread.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com