Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How to connect SP-CMC-4U mics to Behringer Mixer?  (Read 3122 times)

Offline israboot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
How to connect SP-CMC-4U mics to Behringer Mixer?
« on: September 06, 2020, 03:03:29 AM »
Hey folks

I have SP-CMC-4U mics and I try to connect it through my Behringer mixer Xenyx 802. There is a lot of hiss sound when I plugin through the XLR connections (with Y adapter).
When I connect it through my Sony PCM-M10 - it sounds great and clean (via line-in and plug-in power on).

What connector do I need to connect my mics to the mixer?

Thanks
Tal

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: How to connect SP-CMC-4U mics to Behringer Mixer?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 02:15:00 PM »
If your microphones need plug-in power, they won't work when plugged directly into a mixer's XLR microphone inputs. Plug-in powering is a consumer method for unbalanced, consumer microphones, whereas XLR microphone inputs are designed for balanced, professional microphones, and the powering that they generally offer is "phantom" powering at a considerably higher voltage than your microphones were designed for.

I suggest that you contact the seller of the microphones for advice. There are such things as "phantom power adapters" for some consumer microphones.

--best regards
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:39:56 PM by DSatz »
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: How to connect SP-CMC-4U mics to Behringer Mixer?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 06:46:43 PM »
You may even fry them if you feed 48 phantom to them . Sound Professionals can mod the with a xlr that you can feed a 48 phantom .

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com