Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

USB-C to TRS Adapters on Android

<< < (2/2)

doomed:
Just a quick note, the android usb audio recorder pro software offers the control the usb audio device offers, nothing more, nothing less.

I totally agree re the annoyingly fiddly interface for the sliders, those are almost impossible to use live, I"m switching to using their double tap then type in value method, but that requires clearing the value first with back button, then typing new value, then accepting, then hitting enter. About 10 seconds give or take depending on how fast you do it. I totally agree that a simple plus/minus button would be very useful, but the problem lies in the fact that the software simply is giving you access to the device internal controls, which basically work the same as the software shows.

But this is really the only drawback.

You can't rely on the gain for devices offering enough range however to handle all sound pressure levels, so you have to get an inline attenuator/aka pad, ideally adjustable. That works well, and is a passive device. The andrea mic in only device has -7dB to I think +32dB range, but that will vary between every device, it also supports 48khz or 44.1, but only 16 bit, but if you actually read on the reality of 16 bit, that's plenty for basically all live recording situations due to the noise floor vs overall sound pressure level.

The headphone/mic andrea I have only supports 0db - 33db, no negative gain that is.

I also don't know how the gain in the device works, if it's a true input gain control, pre processing, or if it's post processing, which makes a huge deal, thus the benefit of dropping the voltage before it hits the device. Also a battery box I think is required, when I was checking recordings of my latest mics, I was lucky enough to get a recording done with a battery box and one without, and the one without sounded truly awful, I'd call it a reject recording, so I don't record without that ever, used to try with zoom h2, and found as soon as sound pressure level got above a certain point, the recording sucked, I never did anything with any of those recordings, they are useless as far as I'm concerned.

I'm also looking for the simplest chain that can handle very high sound pressure rock club sound pressure levels while being very discreet. and the results are pretty good so far I think, I'm pleased, recent recordings showed better quality with this setup than people were getting with $1000 plus setups, particularly obvious when I looked at the raw frequency graphs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version