Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Streaming audio from two stages/two sources simultaneously  (Read 506 times)

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Streaming audio from two stages/two sources simultaneously
« on: January 05, 2024, 10:40:29 PM »
So a few times picklemic and I have live streamed the music from the main stage at Bayou Rendezvous at Jazzfest. It's a nice little one night event that has an all star lineup, cool sit ins and music all night on two stages at the Howlin Wolf and all of the proceeds go to the New Orleans Musicians Clinic that provides health services to uninsured area musicians.

The main stage is a fairly big elevated stage in the main room. The Den stage is really small and off the bar in a side room. He and I set up two or more 4 channel recording rigs and record all the music since just about all the bands (or some members in the event of a one off jam type deal) are LMA friendly. In 2019 and 2023 I streamed the music from the mainstage but it was all kinda slapped together last minute. This year I'd like to stream the music from both stages so that will require a different approach.

I'd like to accomplish this with the gear I already own and not have to haul a ton of stuff since I'll be traveling, recording at the Fairgrounds for Jazzfest and doing night time shows too.

I'm either going to do two separate streams on two different Mixlr accounts or somehow run the audio from the Den stage out to the mix position in the main room and do one stream from my laptop with switching sources. My partner in crime isn't really interested in managing another component beyond the sbd/onstage recording so it may be best served to do one stream and switch it at the main stage where we have a table set up behind the sbd cage. Wireless transmitter?

Anyone done this?

If it's two separate streams I'll probably have to resort to using an Android tablet for the small stage. Anyone know how to get a usb interface to cooperate with an Samsung Tab A with a micro USB input? I have two of them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 10:50:06 AM by goodcooker »
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline goodcooker

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • goes to 11
Re: Streaming audio from two stages/two sources simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 03:09:19 PM »

After going through lots of scenarios in my head - which almost all had me buying some piece of dedicated gear for this project like a 4 channel or more interface- I decided to suck it up and make this happen with gear I already have that's small enough to fly with.

Stage One (Main Stage)
Onstage mics and sbd feed from the onstage snake return to an ethercon 50 ft snake > SD Mixpre6 > output to mini mixer > 2i2 interface > Laptop > Mixlr App

Stage Two (Den Stage)
Onstage stereo mic > (possible board feed last year it was jacked up) > output > direct box > XLRs about 40 feet to other stage through the green room/staging area > mini mixer > 2i2 > laptop > Mixlr App

This way I can mix my sources from my recording position on the small format mixer and not have to get nervous about using the SD Mixpre6 as an interface and somehow screwing up the recording. If I do this right I'll be able to fit everything in my largest Lowepro bag.
Line Audio CM3/OM1 || MBHO KA500 hyper>PFA|| ADK A51 type IV || AKG C522XY
Oade Warm Mod and Presence+ Mod UA5s || Aerco MP2(needs help) || Neve Portico 5012 || Apogee MMP
SD Mixpre6 || Oade Concert Mod DR100mkii

pocket sized - CA11 cards > SP SB10 > Sony PCM A10

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/goodcooker

"Are you the Zman?" - fan at Panic 10-08-10 Kansas City
"I don't know who left this perfectly good inflatable wook doll here, but if I'm blowing her up, I'm keeping her." -  hoppedup

Offline breakonthru

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Streaming audio from two stages/two sources simultaneously
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 10:02:09 AM »
easiest stream rig ive found is the rode ai-micro. you need the proprietary trs to dual trs cable but the whole setup is cheap. works flawlessly with iphone and i just pull from the headphone out of the recorder

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.132 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com